Super Guitar Star
  • It came to where I would either avoid walking by it or get his attention in the other direction as we passed
  • I would have no problem buying it if I had the game system to use it with
  • Unfortunately, I do not, so I was not about to go out and buy a PS3 or Wii for several hundred dollars just so my toddlers can play the guitar game
  • I am very pleased with my purchase, especially since it cost me only $17.00 versus several hundred to get the guitar hero and game system

• by jennrenai

I just purchased the Super Guitar Star for my two boys (ages three and two) because my three year old has played the guitar hero at the babysitter’s house and at an arcade. He loves playing it and kept asking for a guitar hero. Every time we passed one in a store I had to hear him ask for it over and over.

It came to where I would either avoid walking by it or get his attention in the other direction as we passed.

I would have no problem buying it if I had the game system to use it with. Unfortunately, I do not, so I was not about to go out and buy a PS3 or Wii for several hundred dollars just so my toddlers can play the guitar game.

I finally found on Amazon, while searching the internet, the Super Guitar Star for $17.00. It is a guitar that plugs directly into the television without having to have a game system. The style of the guitar is really close to the Guitar Hero with the exception of the start button.

Since I have never actually ...

• Super Guitar Star
      played Guitar Hero, I’m not sure how close the playing part is but it looks like what I have seen on t.v. My kids, because of their age, cannot play the game exactly how it is supposed to be played but they enjoy trying and do not realize they are not doing it right.

I actually put the game on the hardest level

because that way they have more “colored picks” flying at them on the screen at the same time as other colors and they have more of a chance of choosing at least one of the right colors to make the song play.

I am very pleased with my purchase, especially since it cost me only $17.00 versus several hundred to get the guitar hero and game system.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161509836690630/k2311a0915/9.15.09