Kitsilano Beach in Vancouver, Canada  » Travel  »
West of south end of Burrard Street bridge or north end of Yew Street
  • The bathroom facilities are awesome, but the best thing for me is the salmon burgers being sold in the beach
  • You might be disappointed if you are a lover of white sands, because the sand at Kits is light brown to medium brown
  • Besides, sand is sand, although I know for fact that white sand does not pack as much heat as brown
  • Kits is one of the reasons why I love Vancouver and I would like to live here forever

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

Kitsilano Beach is the in thing for teenagers and people up to 30 years old. Residents of Vancouver, or Vancouverites as they are called, affectionately call this beach Kits. The Forbes Traveler magazine recently declared Kits as one of the top ten beaches in North America.

I like Kits, especially the views. It’s just like being in the Mediterranean what with the view of the mountains, trees and of course, the waters. But in the fall, the waters can get quite cold.

But no worries, there is a heated pool nearby. This pool

is amazing. It’s 451 feet long and has a gradual descent. There is also a lifeguard on duty from May to September. The bathroom facilities are awesome, but the best thing for me is the salmon burgers being sold in the beach. I find these burgers so yummy yet so healthy.

But when I’m tempted to overeat, I just remind myself I’m here in the beach to go swimming, not to pig out. Sometimes, whenever I can find some on the spot players, I would play beach volleyball.

This is another thing I love about ...

• Kits. There are built in basketball, volleyball and tennis courts. But would you believe? This beach area used to be owned by the Canadian Pacific Railroad, but the CPR failed to develop it, so it reverted back to Vancouver.

You might be disappointed if you are a lover of white sands, because the sand at Kits is light brown to medium brown. But to me this is not a big deal, so long as I have a magnificent view of the mountains and the trees. Besides, sand is sand, although I know for fact

that white sand does not pack as much heat as brown.

When I get tired of the beach, or I want to take a rest from playing volleyball, I usually head out to the old amphitheater, just in case there is a concert, a dance show, or a comedian performing. It’s free, by the way, so don’t hesitate to drop by when you hear something going on.

Kits is one of the reasons why I love Vancouver and I would like to live here forever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381509836500630/k2311a0915/9.15.09