Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone  » Books  »
  • I thought I was too old for witches and wizards, until the movie came out
  • So I crammed reading The Sorcerer’s Stone in one night, and it was the best time I ever had reading
  • I love that she created an entire new sport she called Quidditch with descriptions of the games worthy of a sports announcer

• by TheAdvocate

When J. K.

Rowling first came out with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, I was not one of those who eagerly anticipated the release.

My friends kept discussing Harry Potter but it was not enough to arouse my interest.

I thought I was too old for witches and wizards, until the movie came out.

It

has always been my policy in movie and book tie-ins to read the book first before seeing the movie.

So I crammed reading The Sorcerer’s Stone in one night, and it was the best time I ever had reading.

I was really amazed with the story-telling skills of J.

K.

Rowling, the way she laid down ...

• the foundations of the entire story.

It was in this very first book that she introduced the Put-Outer which was given to Ron by Dumbledore in the seventh book and which eventually helped him find his way back to Hermione and Harry.

I was fascinated by the extent of her imagination, creating another world with

complex details such as Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express.

I love that she created an entire new sport she called Quidditch with descriptions of the games worthy of a sports announcer.

I have read the first book for more times than I can remember, and every time I still enjoy the time I spend on it.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171509836440630/k2311a0915/9.15.09