Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Movie  » Movies  »
  • For me, the best books that could be made into a movie are the fantasy movies because the imagination is always better seen than read
  • I thought that the innocence of Daniel Radcliffe was what made him perfect for the role of Harry Potter

• by TheAdvocate

I always thought that movies based on books are rarely better than the book itself. It is indeed difficult to put in live screen what words have described.

For me, the best books that could be made into a movie are the fantasy movies because the imagination is always better seen than read.

So I expected only

the best when the second Harry Potter was made into the movie Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

I thought that the innocence of Daniel Radcliffe was what made him perfect for the role of Harry Potter.

His innocence was still evident in this book, but less than in the first movie.

Chris Columbus, still the director ...

• for this movie, was brilliant in making Dobby come alive in the big screen, though I thought the scene where Harry was talking to Dobby in his bedroom was not well shot.

I assume that Dobby was just digitized in the movie, and I could see Radcliffe struggling to look as if he was talking to someone.

Just like in the first movie, I thought that Richard Harris did not portray him as I imagined Dumbledore to be.

It was like watching Dumbledore in his dying days, which was not how I pictured the greatest wizard at all(although Harris died right before the movie was released, bless his soul).

Nevertheless, overall the movie was worth watching.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111509836410630/k2311a0915/9.15.09