Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: The Movie  » Movies  »
  • I think that was about the only reason I enjoyed the movie

• by TheAdvocate

I was not too fond of the fifth movie in the Harry Potter series that I was not really looking forward to the release of the movie version of the sixth installment, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. But being a true-blue Harry Potter

fan, I eventually saw the movie after a few days of its release.

The reason I was not too fond of this sixth version was because it was from the same director as the movie in the series that I did not like.

I was right in my misgivings.

David Yates uses the same kind of story-telling that he made use in the Order of the Phoenix movie ( again,which I am not too fond of).

I have to give it to him, the effects are really great,

• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: The Movie
      especially that first part where he destroyed an iconic place such as the Millennium Bridge.

I suppose it is also his fault that the actors and the actresses are overacting.

I have found Daniel Radcliffe’s acting here chaotic and too uncontained.

I did like

Rupert Grint most especially when he drank the love potion meant for Harry.

He was convincing as the love-struck teenager mooning for the object of his affection.

I think that was about the only reason I enjoyed the movie.

I almost fell asleep despite being a hardcore Potter fan.

arunel says :

re : I think that was about the only reason I enjoyed the movie
Harry potter series is my favourite movie package. The actors are giving life to the characters,but in this movie they are really overacted due to the story demand so i think.Inspite the movie is good but,in books it might be great visuals and self experience in our vision.The characters should have some change in nature.

AsianJunkie says :

re : I think that was about the only reason I enjoyed the movie
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is my least favorite among other HP movies.

Sunny says :

Half Blood prince was quite good in my opinion. The feeling of impending tragedies, the dark atmosphere, the serious tone of the movie made it one of the best harry potter movies. Comparing any movie to a book is unfair to be honest. It showed the magical world on the edge of change, however bad it may be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111509836330630/k2311a0915/9.15.09