Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  » Books  »
  • I thought the fight scene in the fourth book was too brief
  • This is the fight that I consider to be their first
  • I also enjoyed her description of the wizarding hospital, St. Mungo’s

• by TheAdvocate

The fifth book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, is my favorite book in the series. It is the longest book and the most complex story in the series. It is here where Harry finally tests his mettle when he meets and fights with Voldemort.

I thought the fight scene in the

fourth book was too brief. This is the fight that I consider to be their first.

It is in this book that J. K.

Rowling turns the young Harry Potter into an agonized teenager on the verge of being an adult. Rowling introduces here the justice system the wizarding way.

I have always thought that ...

• the treatment of the character of Harry Potter in the first four books was soft. It was in this book that I considered Rowling in the league of adult authors.

I also loved the development of the characters of Fred and George in this fifth installment, very impish twins. I particularly like the ending

here with Rowling taking a risk in killing Sirius.

I always thought that in children’s books, nobody ever gets killed. I also enjoyed her description of the wizarding hospital, St.

Mungo’s. I was touched when Harry met Neville in the hospital when he visited his parents.

This was nicely laid out as the foundation of the whole story.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171509836300630/k2311a0915/9.15.09