Peugeot 306 2.0L GTI6 P-reg
  • I bought myself a GTI6 last November and I have never been more in love with my car than I am with this one
  • Having previously owned a brilliant little 106, I thought I would go for the more 'grown up' 306 model, and ended up getting the 2.0L with the realisation that I was going to pay the same tax for anything 1.6L or over anyway and a larger engine would actually be more efficient on the motorway journey I make every day
  • I love the spacious boot, and the rear seats are usable though it is only a 3door so passengers have to squeeze themselves in (I care more about the aesthetics of the car anyway so I'm happy with that
  • I think that putting such a large engine in a small space has impacted on its ability to cool, and mine quickly starts to overheat if stuck in a jam through town for too long
  • I totally recommend buying one if you have the opportunity

• by sarah hamer

I bought myself a GTI6 last November and I have never been more in love with my car than I am with this one! What a machine! Having previously owned a brilliant little 106, I thought I would go for the more ‘grown up’ 306 model, and ended up getting the 2.0L with the realisation that I was going to pay the same tax for anything 1.6L or over anyway and a larger engine would actually be more efficient on the motorway journey I make every day!

I don’t know how Peugeot do it, but it is easily faster than the Golf GTI and the Punto

GT of the same age, and doesn’t even rely on a turbo! It’ll give the brand new Audi 1.8T a run for their money too! I find that its very responsive even if I’m in 6th gear, so is great for quickly changing lanes on the motorway when a gap presents itself without having to change down. Also the handling is awesome, and gives an immense amount of confidence through the corners so I don’t have to drive fast to have fun!

I have always thought that Peugeots are very attractive cars, and the GTI6 has a few nice spangly extras! The standard model has the usual ...

• alloys, shiny exhaust trim and neat side skirts but mine had a different larger set of alloys when I bought it. I love the spacious boot, and the rear seats are usable though it is only a 3door so passengers have to squeeze themselves in (I care more about the aesthetics of the car anyway so I’m happy with that!)! The interior is a rather lovely, very comfy, black part leather and its even got electric windows and a sunroof to enjoy!

To keep up with most traffics speeds the revs barely reach 2000rpm, so the fuel seems to last forever though you can watch the fuel

needle falling if you actually put your foot down and it doesn’t like traffic jams! I think that putting such a large engine in a small space has impacted on its ability to cool, and mine quickly starts to overheat if stuck in a jam through town for too long!

Basically everytime I get into my car, I look at it with satisfaction and I enjoy my journeys because of its speed, agility and comfort. It has that typical Peugeot reliability and has already taken us to scotland and to the new forest from central england without a hitch! I totally recommend buying one if you have the opportunity!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91509836270630/k2311a0915/9.15.09