Argos Satin Silver Cube Touch Lamps - Pair
  • They look pretty good, atleast I think so
  • The only problem is the brightest setting is just not that bright

• by brightstar78

I purchase these lamps from Argos for £19. 99. I’d always wanted a touch lamp, and these seemed really good value for the pair.

They look pretty good, atleast I think so. The base is cube shaped (as the description suggests) and a satin chrome.

The shade is an off-white/cream colour and also

square. The whole thing is actually quite small and subtle - and therefore ideal for a small bedside table.

The touch function is fine - touch once (or tap more accurately) and the light is on the dimmest setting, twice it’s on medium brightness, and three times is at it’s brightest. Obviously ...

• touch again to turn off entirely.

It’s pretty sensitive. The only problem is the brightest setting is just not that bright.

Certainly not good enough to read by in bed unless you have both the lamps on and nearby. It’s a 40W SES (e.

g. tiny) bulb and it just doesn’t seem enough.

I’ll probably go out and see if I can get a higher wattage, cross fingers it will work … The other slight niggle is that the cable / plug lead is not terribly long which can be awkward.

But really I’m quite pleased - they look good and they were very good value so I won’t complain too much!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531409834890630/k2311a0914/9.14.09