So You Think You Can Dance Australia  » TV  »
  • I watched all the seasons of So You Think You Can Dance and enjoyed every one of them
  • When I learned that they have a franchise in Australia, I was excited to watch their version
  • I have seen some of their winners compete in the US, like Kym Johnson of Dancing with the Stars, and I was impressed with them
  • I was thinking that they could outshine their US counterpart, but I have been disappointed so far

• by TheAdvocate

I watched all the seasons of So You Think You Can Dance and enjoyed every one of them. When I learned that they have a franchise in Australia, I was excited to watch their version.

I was not a happy camper with So You Think You Can Dance Australia.

I have always thought that the

Australians are a talented bunch of people and, thus I expected really good things from them.

I have seen some of their winners compete in the US, like Kym Johnson of Dancing with the Stars, and I was impressed with them.

However, this So You Think You Can Dance Australia just failed to live ...

• up to my expectations.

I am not sure if my expectations are too high, but the dancers in the Australian version were not what I expected.

They are good enough, better than average, but the routines were just flat.

so far.

I am not sure what is lacking, but it does not seem to generate as much interest as the US version where it has reached the cult level status of American Idol.

This franchise is probably too young as of now, and I hope it will become better as the season marches.

Arafurian says :

re : When I learned that they have a franchise in Australia, I was excited to watch their version
    I have watched SYTYCD for many years, and waited with excitement for the 2014 Australian show. But what a disappointment

With almost no opportunity for the dancers to showcase their talents, and camerawork focussing on the innanities of the judges, the show should be called So You Think You Can Judge Australia. It has four of the most innane, mean-spirited judges around, and a creative director who thinks dancers have no other role to suffer emotional hysterics and to provide fodder for the judges to criticise. This show is bad where the American show is good, and horrible at all other times. As dance theatre, it is a waste of space

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101409834430530/k2311a0914/9.14.09