Philips Micro Hi-Fi System  » Electronics  »
  • As a gift to my husband's birthday last year, I bought a Philips Micro Hi-Fi System (CD playback wall-mountable) for him
  • I am not a musically inclined person so I have no idea if the sound it is producing is of good quality, if its speakers work well, and other technical matters that one should consider when buying these kind of stuff
  • All I know is that it looked good and being sleek and wall mountable, it would look good inside our room
  • Definitely a good buy for an electronic product

• by marielle

As a gift to my husband’s birthday last year, I bought a Philips Micro Hi-Fi System (CD playback wall-mountable) for him. He has long been wanting to own a home theater, so when I saw this Philips Micro Hi-Fi System on sale, I immediately bought it. It was not a home theater actually, but with it’s sleek design, I am sure my husband would love it.

Actually, I bought it primarily because of its design. I am not a musically inclined person so I have no idea

if the sound it is producing is of good quality, if its speakers work well, and other technical matters that one should consider when buying these kind of stuff. All I know is that it looked good and being sleek and wall mountable, it would look good inside our room. As per its specs, it has a CD/MP3 CD player, clock/timer, AM/FM radio, amplifier and a bass reflex system. Sounds alright to me, so I bought it.

The unit I bought was a display set. I was ...

• at first hesitant to buy it but the salesman said that it has only been on display for a week. And since it was the last unit, and I really like to buy it, I had no choice but to take it as is. After all with less than 100sgd, it was still a good buy.

Like me, my husband immediately liked its sleek design. He was excited that he immediately tried it. He said that the sound quality was good, although the speakers are not

loud enough for him, even at its maximum volume. He wants louder speakers. So what he did was he connected it to a much louder speaker, and he was satisfied with the result.

Now, the Philips Micro Hi-Fi System is mounted on the wall inside our bedroom, attached to an external speaker which my husband placed on the corner of our bedroom ceiling, and playing soft music at night, and loud music when my husband feels like listening to it. Definitely a good buy for an electronic product.

Kumar says :

The futures which it offer are fully outdated. As technology is in 4k with smart TV and smart home theater as I feel it not worthy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161309833710730/k2311a0913/9.13.09