Prilosec OTC  » Medicine  »
  • I combated the problem in a very simple and prosaic way
  • Although I still get in my water and my fruits for the most parts, I have noticed that I have been relying on more and more junk food to fill in the gaps
  • Of course I really hope that I won't be using this product once things settle down and I can concentrate on living healthy again, but I do recommend this product if you're like me, in situations that are temporary but still extremely stressful
  • Overall, I would definitely use this product again if my life ever became a ball of stress and my tummy had to pay the price

• by onerios13

Recently, I have started to get heartburn. It’s been years since I’ve had this condition, but boy, do I remember the pain and the discomfort vividly! It first started when I was in college and with the stress of being in a new school, in a new environment as well as trying to find ‘myself’ all the while learning where to go to classes and how to get my papers done, I was feeling very run down and my stomach was NOT happy with me. Plus, during that time, due to the mega stress, I had started to eat very unhealthy.

Gone were my daily veggies and fruits, and hello, pie, pizza and Pepsi. In fact, I ended up gaining close to forty pounds my freshman year and with all the new weight and just plain college life, it was no

wonder my stomach felt like something had punched a hole through it and was leaking acid out onto my vulnerable innards.

I combated the problem in a very simple and prosaic way. I just took a lot of Tums and prayed for a miracle.

It was only after I gave up the junk food, started exercising and realized the greatness of water and actually drinking it, that the heartburn started to go away, and now, years later, the agony has become but a distant memory.

However, thanks to getting a new job, about to move to a new residence and planning for a wedding all in the same month, my stomach has once again signaled that it is not very happy with me.

Of course I eat much better now than I did in college, but there are only so many hours ...

• in a day and by the time I get home and finish up chores and spend time with my fiance, you can forget to get in an occasional piece of broccoli or banana. Although to be honest, it’s not just been just occasionally, but quite a lot in the last three months.

But believe me, I am totally paying for it. Although I still get in my water and my fruits for the most parts, I have noticed that I have been relying on more and more junk food to fill in the gaps.

Frozen pizza, canned ravioli, and Little Debbie’s snacks have now become more the norm rather than the occasional treat. And the heartburn is starting to cut into my beauty sleep.

So that is why the last time I was at the store, I finally gave in and

picked up some Prilosec OTC from the medicine aisle and tried it out for the first time last week. I have to say it’s not bad.

Better than Tums for starters. After taking it, I do feel less heartburn and my stomach isn’t all twisted up in knots.

Of course the first time wasn’t as effective as the second time I took it, but overall, it’s really helped me gain back some control in my digestive tract. Of course I really hope that I won’t be using this product once things settle down and I can concentrate on living healthy again, but I do recommend this product if you’re like me, in situations that are temporary but still extremely stressful.

Overall, I would definitely use this product again if my life ever became a ball of stress and my tummy had to pay the price.

Prilosec OTC

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261309833410730/k2311a0913/9.13.09