Robitussin Cough & Cold CF Adult  » Medicine  »
2.0
  • I rarely use Robitussin because I am such a fan of Vicks' NyQuil and all their other products, however, the last time I got sick, my fiance came home with Robitussin Cough & Cold syrup because he thought that the expectorant in the syrup would help me get rid of the phlegm and because he knew that NyQuil didn't have that extra ingredient
  • And although it was sweet of him to think ahead like that, I still wish he had gotten me the NyQuil instead as I am most used to that product and my body seems to react better to it than any other product
  • Of course ALL medicines taste bad, but for some reason Robitussin, in any form, leaves a very weird taste in my mouth

• by onerios13

I rarely use Robitussin because I am such a fan of Vicks’ NyQuil and all their other products, however, the last time I got sick, my fiance came home with Robitussin Cough & Cold syrup because he thought that the expectorant in the syrup would help me get rid of the phlegm and because he knew that NyQuil didn’t have that extra ingredient. And although it was sweet of him to think ahead like that, I still wish he had gotten me the NyQuil instead as I am most used to that product and my body seems to react better to it than any other product.

Although it could just be in my head because I had convinced myself so thoroughly that it was

NyQuil or no other.

In any case, I thanked him and took a cup of the Robitussin before bed, hoping that this stuff would help me as much as the NyQuil did in the past.

But it was just wishful thinking.

I don’t mean to say that this is a worthless cough syrup and I am quite certain there are tons of people out there that would boo me for saying that their precious Robitussin wasn’t appreciated as much as NyQuil…but in my little world, they aren’t even in the same league.

First off, Robitussin tastes very funky to me.

Of course ALL medicines taste bad, but for some reason Robitussin, in any form, leaves a very weird taste in my mouth.

It usually ...

• takes me drinking some sort of soda or juice to help rinse the taste out.

Secondly, although I do feel slightly better after taking Robitussin, I still don’t feel the same relief as I normally do when I take my beloved NyQuil.

The fever usually does go away, or at least subsides for awhile, but I still have a sore throat and I still do a bit of harsh coughing, which I never end up doing when I take NyQuil.

And finally, but most importantly, I never sleep well with Robitussin.

NyQuil will make me snore like a baby and that is when I feel I get the most healing done, when I’m out like a light, but with Robitussin, I never feel rested

and sleep is rather elusive until the last second when I just can’t stand it anymore and force myself to go to sleep…which never really works, but I like to think it does.

And strangely enough, the expectorant never really kicked in because even though I tried to cough up the gunk, it still took days to get it out and that was when I was close to totally recovering from the flu.

Overall, I wouldn’t say that this is a bad product, because of course it has its merits, but I guess what I’m saying is that it’s not the product for ME, and that although it has its fan base and for good reason, I will just stick to my regular NyQuil in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261309833330630/k2311a0913/9.13.09