The Complete Book of Running for Women  » Books  »
  • I decided to try training for this event and picked up a triathlon book (see my review of Swim, Bike, Run by Glenn Town and Todd Kearney)
  • I shopped around for a book and I bought The Complete Book of Running for Women written by Claire Kowalchik

• by TheAdvocate

I was so fascinated with the sport of triathlon that I started reading up on it. I decided to try training for this event and picked up a triathlon book (see my review of Swim, Bike, Run by Glenn Town and Todd Kearney).

After training for a while, I realized that my weakest discipline was

running.

Running is especially hard for women as we have special concerns (bouncing breasts, for example).

I shopped around for a book and I bought The Complete Book of Running for Women written by Claire Kowalchik.

This was really a great book for the discipline that most people are weakest in.

Running seems like an ...

• easy sport, we have all done it since we started walking.

This book however, has helped me refine my knowledge on running.

I rely on this book whenever I choose my running shoes which I change after using them for 500 miles.

The discussion on the pronation of our feet was really helpful to me,

and I have since then been able to choose good running shoes for myself.

I also liked the discussion of the special concerns of women that only women who have been in this sport can understand.

Until now, this is still my bible on running.

The information packed is up-to-date and specially targeted for women runners.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171309833020630/k2311a0913/9.13.09