An Alternative Use of Johnson’s Baby Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have spent a considerable amount of money in my collection of make-up brushes, and I consider them an investment
  • I bought specially formulated brush cleaning solution for the longest time, until an officemate suggested using Johnson’s to me when I had a hard time looking for a cleaning solution

• by TheAdvocate

I always make sure that my make-up brushes are well-cared for. I have spent a considerable amount of money in my collection of make-up brushes, and I consider them an investment.

I clean them weekly by leaving them in about a

tablespoon of Johnson’s Baby Shampoo diluted in water for at least thirty minutes.

After which, I run the brush under running water, taking care to point the brush away from the direction of the water.

I then let it air dry in a clean towel.

I also clean my hair brushes this way.

I did not always use Johnson’s Baby Shampoo for cleaning my make-up brushes and hair brushes too.

I bought specially formulated brush cleaning solution for the longest time, until an ...

• An Alternative Use of Johnson's Baby Shampoo
      officemate suggested using Johnson’s to me when I had a hard time looking for a cleaning solution.

It worked beautifully, even better than my make-up brush cleaning solutions.

My brushes were softer when I used them after.

When I used

the make-up brush solution before, I would occasionally get breakouts probably because of the harshness of the chemicals.

I had no such problems here.

This is also a lot cheaper, and if you have a baby, you can raid her bathroom to clean your brushes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311309832950630/k2311a0913/9.13.09