Panasonic Luxury Microwave (Model NN-T995SF)
2.5
  • When I first got the microwave (as a free gift from my insurance company) I loved it and thought it was the best kitchen appliance I ever owned
  • When we got the microwave, I was impressed by a couple things but the most important of those was the size of this appliance
  • And, there are still things I love about this appliance too
  • For one, I like the defrost setting on this microwave
  • As soon as we have the money, I think I’m going to buy an early Christmas gift for our house

• by Steve

I have had my Panasonic Luxury Microwave (Model NN-T995SF) for roughly two years now. When I first got the microwave (as a free gift from my insurance company) I loved it and thought it was the best kitchen appliance I ever owned. But, as is the case with most items, the honeymoon phase is now over. And, while the microwave still works, I find myself wanting more and more to replace it.

Like I mentioned before, this was a free gift from our insurance company a couple years ago and it couldn’t have come at a better time considering our current microwave (which we had for a few years) was starting to die. It didn’t take me long to clear a spot on our kitchen counter for this one. When we got the microwave, I was impressed by a couple things but

the most important of those was the size of this appliance.

The cooking space inside it was twice the size of our previous microwave oven and that made a huge difference. And, there are still things I love about this appliance too. For one, I like the defrost setting on this microwave.

You put in the weight of the meat you are thawing and it does it in a matter of a few minutes without cooking the meat like other microwaves can. The microwave also does a decent job when it comes to making meals too. I can put quite a few items in it (including meat) and get it cooked in a matter of minutes rather than slaving over a hot oven for a couple hours.

However, over the time we have had the microwave, I have to confess I’m finding ...

• quite a few things we don’t like too. For one, even though the microwave’s massive size makes it ideal for cooking larger items, I have found it has a major negative too; it takes up a lot of counter space. If I had a kitchen with tons of surfaces to use, this probably wouldn’t be a huge deal.

But, we only have so many places to sit things in there and this microwave takes up a little too much of that space. While the defrost setting works decently, I have to say I never could figure out any of the other settings on it. The re-heat setting doesn’t seem to work the way it is supposed to and the popcorn setting will burn most bags.

It’s a waste of buttons in my opinion. The one thing we are finding ourselves not liking

the most is that dial in the middle; the one you use to set the time. I have a 5-year-old daughter and we are trying to teach her how to use the microwave.

While she can use the dial, it does sometimes present some difficulty for her (she keeps overshooting the time she’s supposed to be on) and I really miss having a microwave where you can just punch in the time on the buttons instead. I have had the microwave for more than two years and feel we have had a good run with it; at least good enough where I feel I got value out of it (especially since it was free). As soon as we have the money, I think I’m going to buy an early Christmas gift for our house; a slightly smaller microwave with push buttons rather than that stupid dial and donate this monster to the local Goodwill.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531209832650230/k2311a0912/9.12.09