Milk Bones Dog Biscuits  » Pets  »
  • I don't like to feed them lots of junk and cheap dog treats because it upsets their stomachs and I know it's not healthy for them
  • In any case, they both ate the treats, but not with the vigor and excitement that I notice when they eat a Milk Bone
  • Later on that same day, I noticed that they didn't seem to want to eat their dog food
  • He immediately suggested that this was the problem
  • I trust Milk Bones as a healthy part of my beloved dogs diet and I'm happy that they enjoy them so much

• by mom1

My dogs love Milk Bones Dog Biscuits. My pooches sometimes have sensitive tummies when it comes to treats or dog biscuits. You would think that they could tolerate any types of food or treats by looking at them. My big boy St. Bernard weighs a whopping 160 pounds and my sweet little girl is a 130 pound Newfoundland.

I don’t like to feed them lots of junk and cheap dog treats because it upsets their stomachs and I know it’s not healthy for them. They love Milk Bones and always tolerate them. They have never gotten an upset stomach from these treats and they always get so excited when I offer them one. One time I was at a warehouse club and I was excited to find a larger sized bag of dog treats that said they were comparable to Milk Bones.

Now, I ordinarily don’t give them any other biscuits besides the Milk Bones because they

enjoy them so much, and it’s not good for them to give them all sorts of treats. Also, the Milk Bones are good for their teeth. So anyway, I purchased this bag of dog treats that were suppose to be comparable to the Milk Bones,and I was excited to go home and see how my dogs liked them. When I offered them the treat, they were kind of apprehensive at first, because the didn’t smell familiar to them, and I don’t know how appealing the smell was either.

In any case, they both ate the treats, but not with the vigor and excitement that I notice when they eat a Milk Bone. But, I was happy that they ate them.

Later on that same day, I noticed that they didn’t seem to want to eat their dog food. They didn’t seem like they were too thrilled about anything, really.

They were drinking lots of water though - that,

• I did notice. I tried to feed them their dog food, and I even mixed in a little cooked meat to try and entice them. Sometimes one of my dogs might feel alittle under the weather, but not both of them at the same time. I was getting worried, because they always eat and are rarely sick.

Soon after, they were acting anxious and were signalling that the wanted to go outside. As soon as they went outside, they both had diarrhea. When my husband got home I told him about this and he asked if they had eaten anything different. I told him about my bargain dog treats that I had purchased earlier in the day that they had eaten.

I explained that they only ate one apiece. He immediately suggested that this was the problem. I wondered how it could be because they are both very big dogs and how could one little

treat upset their stomachs. Well, it did seem to make sense, because both of them didn’t feel good, and not just one of them.

We were going to call the vet if they didn’t perk up in a while. After their episode of diarrhea and a little more water, they seemed to perk up and they were getting back to their old selves. Later on, they ate their food and thankfully got back to normal. The next day, I gave them their real Milk Bones and they were very happy, and of course no adverse reactions to the Milk Bones.

When they eat their Milk Bones they eat them excitedly and the run up to me with tails wagging when they hear me gently shake the box. They love their Milk Bones and they never tire of them. I trust Milk Bones as a healthy part of my beloved dogs diet and I’m happy that they enjoy them so much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291209832350130/k2311a0912/9.12.09