Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W130  » Cameras  »
  • At first I was looking on the internet for a photo camera with the same characteristics and I found a Fujitsu Siemens
  • For those like me, not very informed I recommend letting it set on the easy mode, Auto adjustment or Auto Program

• by iqphantom

At first I was looking on the internet for a photo camera with the same characteristics and I found a Fujitsu Siemens. When I saw the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W130 Super Steady Shot I knew it was a lot better than my original choice. It was up to me to choose from a black and a silver model but I must say I fancied the silver one better.

Let me tell why is the camera perfect for the amateur photographers?

At first, it is quite light , and you can

handle it very easily. Some important characteristics are the Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar lenses, automatic focalization, the functions Face detection and Smiley Shutter.

It has a 8. 1 mega pixels camera with 4X optic zoom, and you can use it for taking pictures using different settings which by the way are a lot and also you can store video files with sound.

The battery is enough for 370 pictures (which was a surprise). For a full charge you need to let the battery charge for a t least 4 h.

...

• I am not a particular fan of such a long charging period but I guess it is the only minus I could find. The sensibility reaches 3200 (ISO=3200), and it can be left on automatic mode if you don’t feel like it messing with the menus looking for different values.

For those like me, not very informed I recommend letting it set on the easy mode, Auto adjustment or Auto Program. Later after you learn you can use ISO, Soft Snap etc… The internal memory is 15MB and

can be extended with a MS pro Duo card of maximum 6 GB.

The price of the camera is pretty cool and even small for some pockets. Mine was $250 on discount without the memory card.

So look for discounts in the shops and enjoy it. It is really a cool gadget for moms , to take pictures of your kids at the school festival ,or on birthdays, but also to take lovely photos of your garden and post them on Flickr.

com. Since I have it , I kind of got addicted of taking pictures of everything.

marlo criste says :

Turn the power off and on again what is the problem with this?

Jules Li says :

If your saying that it powers off and on again by itself, it could be an issue with the battery. Try using it with the charger plugged in to see if it happens then as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431209832160130/k2311a0912/9.12.09