500 Days of Summer movie  » Movies  »
  • As a viewer and a keen observer of clothing and accessories, I found this highly annoying and distracting throughout the whole movie after I had realized it was happening
  • As soon as I noticed that she always had some form of blue on, I strived to find an outfit that did not have blue in it at all
  • Alas, I could not find one and I think this detracted from my enjoyment of the movie
  • One of the most interesting things about 500 Days of Summer is the way the story is told to the viewer
  • I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in more of a bittersweet ending rather than a cotton candy happy one

• by Catreena Drake

The movie 500 Days of Summer is a bittersweet romantic comedy based around a man and the girl he thinks he has fallen in love with. It is not your usual sort of romance comedy, though, and the viewer knows this before the picture is ten minutes into playing. Many camera angles and techniques are used in this picture.

One thing that jumps out at the viewer is the wardrobe that the main character’s love interest goes through. Everything she wears is blue or has some blue on it somewhere.

and distracting throughout the whole movie after I had realized it was happening. As soon as I noticed that she always had some form of blue on, I strived to find an outfit that did not have blue in it at all.

Alas, I could not find one and I think this detracted from my enjoyment of the movie. The blue in all the girl’s outfits were a costuming decision to bring out her eyes.

I noticed this, and I found it incredibly distracting to the rest of the movie. The story was good and the acting was good, but the clothing on the actress was ...

• distracting to me.

I think it was only because I noticed it and kept waiting for a different color to be worn by her; the person I was watching the movie with was not distracted by her clothing, though. One of the most interesting things about 500 Days of Summer is the way the story is told to the viewer.

The movie’s title comes from how many days the main character is in love with the character named Summer. The catch to that is that the days are actually shown completely out of order.

The very last day that he sees Summer is the first day

shown. Three days after they break up is shown in the first forty-five minutes of the movie.

In fact, that day is actually shown before the day where the two actually meet. It is an intriging way to tell a story and play a movie, but it may not be for everyone.

There is also a small dance and song number about halfway through the movie, and it fits in perfectly with the quirkiness of the rest of the movie. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in more of a bittersweet ending rather than a cotton candy happy one.

500 Days of Summer movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111209831941230/k2311a0912/9.12.09