De-luxe BAIN Foaming Body Scrub, Rosemary Mint
  • And not only is itchy skin a problem, buy I have a problem with scaly elbows and feet
  • Typically speaking, I try to avoid smells all together that aren't somehow food related (ie vanilla, musk, myrrh, sandalwood, apple pie, pumpkin spice, etc)
  • It's all plant based, no mineral oils, which is why some lotions and washes just slough off the skin under water, or rest on top of the skin without really penetrating (a sad but constant problem I run into when trying new lotions) and, I found one of the best features, oddly enough, had nothing to do with how it worked on my skin
  • So it took several washes of my face afterwards to feel that squeaky clean I like to feel on my face
  • I love the feel of this stuff and used the bottle up entirely, which is rare for me, because I typically get bored with bath products like this

• by Anasuya

I have to admit it. I’m a fan of beauty products. Anything that smells good and makes my skin feel good has to be a good product, right? I have very fair and pale skin. It’s easily sensitive to all sorts of things, most especially changes in the weather. My legs and arms get excessively dry during the winter months, and I live in Michigan, so it seems that winter lasts more than half the year. Well, it doesn’t seem that way, winter really does last that long. And, I’m originally from the south, so this weather took a lot to get used to, and I’m pretty sure I’m still not all that used to it, because every winter, my skin dries out and shrivels up into a very uncomfortable ball of itchiness. There have been season during which I’ve scratched myself raw because I just wasn’t able to find any last relief. And not only is itchy skin a problem, buy I have a problem with scaly

elbows and feet. I guess that’s one of those lovely bonuses that tag along with dry winter skin, and I’m the unfortunate woman who has to deal with it.

I’ve tried, over the years, all kinds of lotions and oils and skin products that claim to relieve dry skin and make it smooth and moist and give you that “glow” that I guess is in this season. I managed to find de-luxe BAIN Foaming Body Scrub at a local store, and I loved the rosemary mint scent. Typically, floral smells make me sneeze, and that’s if they don’t just outright close up my throat entirely and send me into coughing fits and wheezing. Typically speaking, I try to avoid smells all together that aren’t somehow food related (ie vanilla, musk, myrrh, sandalwood, apple pie, pumpkin spice, etc). It just can’t be floral. And rosemary, though a plant obviously, has a nice woodsy smell that smells more like cooking additives than pretty girl stuff. Add a little mint in ...

• there, and you have a great food mixture smell, as far as I’m concerned.

This is also a foaming body scrub, which is nice. It has those great little exfoiliating pebbles in it, but it foams, so you feel like its actually working and lathering instead of just covering the skin and washing off under the shower water. It’s all plant based, no mineral oils, which is why some lotions and washes just slough off the skin under water, or rest on top of the skin without really penetrating (a sad but constant problem I run into when trying new lotions) and, I found one of the best features, oddly enough, had nothing to do with how it worked on my skin. It was made from bio-degradable materials and there’s never any animal testing. I’ve gotten to a period in my life in which I just can’t abide products that test on animals, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Because of the natural essential oils and some other

ingredients included, you can’t really use it on the face. I accidentally did this while washing one morning, before I’d thoroughly read the back of the bottle, and it really made my face a little greasy feeling, mostly because my face is already very oily, and I have to use products on it heavy with alcohol just to dry it out. So it took several washes of my face afterwards to feel that “squeaky clean” I like to feel on my face. Keep it to the body, because that nice moisturizing feel relates really well to the rest of the body. I love the feel of this stuff and used the bottle up entirely, which is rare for me, because I typically get bored with bath products like this. The only negative I can say is that it leaves little black beads (the exfoiliating beads) all over the bathtub, so only use it if you’re taking a shower and those typically wash away pretty well in that instance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311209831821230/k2311a0912/9.12.09