Elite Cuisine Sandwich Maker  » Housewares  »
  • It's amazing my kids have grown up into wonderful healthy teenagers, knowing I hate cooking to this extent
  • I don't like the idea of an open-flame gas stove all alight when we parents aren't home, even though they do know how to use it well, so I try to find alternatives they can operate safely
  • It only cost $20 which makes it ideal for those on a budget
  • I've had my sandwich maker for a year, and I have to say, I'm just now seeing it failing in its functionality, so I think that $20 went a long way for an appliance
  • Of course, I couldn't ask for better kids, but I also believe that having a very convenient product like this in the house has helped shape him into a responsible and creative young adult

• by Anasuya

I have, for most of my life, absolutely detested the idea of cooking. If it doesn’t come from a can or a jar or a box, I rarely chose to have anything to do with it. It’s amazing my kids have grown up into wonderful healthy teenagers, knowing I hate cooking to this extent. So, I’ve become, over the years, a huge fan of appliances that make my job in the kitchen easier and, more important, faster. I raise two kids, have a job, a home business, and a husband to baby when he’s sick, so I don’t have time to spend a half an hour on meals and sometimes, because my husband and I work odd shifts, the kids have to fend for themselves. I don’t like the idea of an open-flame gas stove all alight when we parents aren’t home, even though they do know how to use it well, so I try to find alternatives they can operate safely.

One such product is

the Elite Cuisine Sandwich Maker. I’ve seen similar sandwich makers on tv, and I’m always entertained by their versatility, the number of different and unique dishes they can make, and the ease of clean-up afterwards. I figured it was perfect for our on-the-go household. This sandwich maker is really easy to use. You heat it up, wait for the light to indicate it’s ready to go, make whatever sandwich you imagine (or use their handy recipe book), close the lid and wait for the light to indicate that it’s done cooking. You don’t have to spray the surface with anything first. It’s totally anti-stick. It only cost $20 which makes it ideal for those on a budget. You can even cook omlets and pizza in it, which most kids would live off of if they were allowed, and you can buy the healthiest ingredients you like to make a nice sandwich. The exterior is cool to the touch, though you don’t want to get anywhere ...

• near the actual cooking surface. I accidentally bumped it with my fingers one day trying to get a sandwich out and it burned me quite good, and I had a little burn scar for almost two weeks straight.

I’ve had my sandwich maker for a year, and I have to say, I’m just now seeing it failing in its functionality, so I think that $20 went a long way for an appliance. I’m replacing pots and pans more often than that it seems. And, I believe the only reason the non-stick surface is no longer as non-stick as it used to be, is because my kids and husband were cleaning it the wrong way. All you have to do is, once it’s cool, wipe it down with a dry clean cloth, but they were using a wet rag and then not sufficiently drying the surface on top of that.

But, my kids loved this product before it finally bit the dust. They used it just about

every single day, and sometimes twice a day. Once my oldest son entered home economics and had to cook, he thought himself quite the chef when he could come home and create a sandwich all on his own, and I never had to worry about safety measures when I was at work and they were left to their own devices. I was amazed one evening when I came home from work to see that my son had created an entire dinner for me and his father, using this appliance. He had a salad, and made a chicken pizza type of sandwich all of his own creation, some garlic bread, and we all sat down for a fantastic meal. Of course, I couldn’t ask for better kids, but I also believe that having a very convenient product like this in the house has helped shape him into a responsible and creative young adult. Sounds silly, but its true. Loved the sandwich maker and plan to buy a second one soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531209831761230/k2311a0912/9.12.09