L’Oreal Ideal Balance QuickStick Balancing Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • While browsing Shoppers Drug Mart, I saw a L'Oreal collection on sale, and I thought I'd pick up another foundation, because I've hit pan on my current one
  • After trying it, I decided that it wasn't for combination skin at all
  • So I wouldn't recommend this foundation, unless you are going to use it as a setting powder, because its staying power is amazing, and it is a better setting powder than a foundation

• by Allilanta

While browsing Shoppers Drug Mart, I saw a L’Oreal collection on sale, and I thought I’d pick up another foundation, because I’ve hit pan on my current one. So I chose a silver tube of combination skin foundation that was advertised to balance out my skin tone.

There is no applicator, and you pull off the cap like a lipstick, and turn the bottom to reveal the stick foundation inside.

After trying

it, I decided that it wasn’t for combination skin at all! It was so dry, and basically highlighted all the little fine lines I have acquired over the years.

I didn’t really know how to apply it either, so I swirled my foundation brush over the tube, which is approximately 2cm in diameter, a bit too thin for a brush.

Then I tried applying it directly from the tube.

It went on ...

• way too heavy and caked up immediately.

I was so frustrated! So I tried one last time to make it work, and used it as a setting powder for my concealer.

That seemed to work, but this is supposed to be a foundation! I am very disappointed in this product; since I had high hopes for L’Oreal (I love their Voluminous mascara!!).

At least I can use it as a setting

powder, because the staying power is phenomenal.

It just lasts and lasts all day long.

Another upside is that it doesn’t have any micro shimmer, so my face stays matte and doesn’t look shiny due to the shimmer in some foundations.

So I wouldn’t recommend this foundation, unless you are going to use it as a setting powder, because its staying power is amazing, and it is a better setting powder than a foundation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311209831671230/k2311a0912/9.12.09