MALM bedroom furniture, IKEA
  • Now I normally avoid IKEA like the plague
  • I'm managed to assemble it on my own, but really really struggled so definitely get help
  • And I love the design, it's so easy to grab anywhere along the top and open the draws - better than having handles sticking out in my book

• by brightstar78

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

As the title suggests, I got a set of bedroom furniture from IKEA. Now I normally avoid IKEA like the plague. Not least because it’s always hellishly busy, and some of the furniture can look very much like it’s flat-packed and cheap as chips.

So I ordered online. That got over the first bit.

The second was very much dictated by my budget at the time, so I just crossed fingers … and

was pleasantly surprised. The furniture is actually very good.

I got a large double bed, a 6-door chest, two bedside cabinets, and a blanket box with sliding lid. The latter is very cool, I have it in my Bay, I put cushions on top and use it as a seat as well as for storing linen.

Now the bed is big. The sections are very heavy.

I’m managed to assemble it on my ...

• own, but really really struggled so definitely get help! The metal cross-beams and wooden slats seemed a little wobbly, and I worried it would be a bit noisy moving around - but it’s been totally fine. The bedside cabinets and chest of drawers are very solid.

The sliding action is smooth and almost soft-close (but it’s not). And I love the design, it’s so easy to grab anywhere along the top and open

the draws - better than having handles sticking out in my book.

The furniture as a whole looks great - very minimalist, clean lines, and not too domineering. Probably something to do with the low heights of the bed, cabinets, and box.

But also because of the warm, but soft colour of the oak veneer. It actually looks quite realistic.

I absolutely love it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 571109830920830/k2311a0911/9.11.09