Sprint Cellular Phone Service
0.5
  • Once they got that issue resolved, only half of our requested features were working - on my phone texting would work, but internet did not - but my husband's phone with the same features worked fine
  • Unfortunately, the pain did not end there

• by Celestria

I have had Sprint cellular service on two occasions - once when it was just Sprint, and again when Nextel and Sprint merged. I left Sprint the first time because of dropped calls and horrible customer service. We went with Nextel for several years, and were horrified when we received the news that they were merging with Sprint. When our Nextel phones were up for renewal, we decided to upgrade to a Sprint Smartphone instead.

That was the biggest mistake we ever made.

I honestly cannot say if their cellular service had gotten better - after one week of trying to get our phones activated and working correctly, I sent both phones back and had them cancel our service. It took them 3 days to port our numbers from our Nextel to our

Sprint phones - so we were without cellular service for those 3 days.

Once they got that issue resolved, only half of our requested features were working - on my phone texting would work, but internet did not - but my husband’s phone with the same features worked fine. Then, 2 days later, my husband comes home, throws his phone on the kitchen table and asks for the number to Sprint - because his phone had been TURNED OFF. When we called Sprint to find out what happened, they said it was because we had a balance due for the phones we had purchased - only 5 days before.

We had not even received a bill yet (and weren’t scheduled to for another 10 days). They admitted to it being their mistake, but ...

• said it could take another 48 hours to turn his phone back on. When I asked what type of compensation we would receive for all the hassle.

I had documented all the time I spent on the phone with them, plus the time without service. In the past week, I had spent 12 hours ON THE PHONE with Sprint, plus not having service for 3 of those 6 days. They told me that he didn’t know if I could get any type of compensation or discount on my bill, and honestly sounded surprised and annoyed that I would even ask.

At that point, I told him to cancel the entire account - that I no longer wanted my service with them. I sent the phones back. Unfortunately, the pain did not

end there.

The fight with customer service continued for 2 months after that - because they sent me a bill for $120. I lost count of the number of people in different departments I had to speak to explaining there was no possible way I would owe $120. My monthly service fee would only $99, and I only had 3 days of service.

I finally had to tell someone to do that math - If you should owe $99 for 1 month, that averages out to $3. 30 a day. I had service for 3 days.

Last time I checked, $3. 30 times 3 was not $120! I finally got a final bill for $20, and just paid it so that it would completely go away. I will never go back to Sprint again!

Sprint Cellular Phone Service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221009830690430/k2311a0910/9.10.09