Old El Paso Heat & Serve Rice
0.5
  • I learned a valuable lesson today about heat & serve rice - check the bag first

• by Celestria

Heat & serve rice is the kind that comes in the plastic “bag” that you can rip the top, put it right in the microwave & 90 seconds later have hot, fluffy rice. I have used other brands in the past and loved them - they can be a great time

saver.

Today I tried a new brand - Old El Paso - thought it would be a great addition to home made burritos.

I learned a valuable lesson today about heat & serve rice - check the bag first! This particular bag of rice must have not been sealed properly ...

• at the bottom.

When I ripped open the bag, I peeked in and saw white fluffy rice & put it in the microwave.

When I dumped it out, I was so disgusted & repulsed - all the rice on the bottom 1/2 of the bag was black, green & moldy!!

This product was not scheduled to expire until December of 2010.

When I looked at the bag more closely, it appeared that the glue holding the bottom of the bag together was very thin - it must have let air get in there.

I would not buy this product again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271009830640430/k2311a0910/9.10.09