Thunder Valley Cycle Shop Oshkosh WI
Oshkosh, WI
  • The second item I bought from them was a pait of riding gloves
  • They don't have much in the way of Superbike gear, but if you're looking for some nice new leathers for Sturgis, or saddlebags for a cross-country trip, or a sweet new Big Dawg chopper, this is definitely the place for you

• by FatherOfThree
      As a new rider, I needed a good place to buy my basic gear. I went to several of the local motorsport shops, and frankly, they didn’t seem interested in anyone not driving the latest and greatest Superbikes.

Also, the selections tended to start at the middle of the price range, and go up from there.

Thunder Valley isn’t like that.

They’re a small shop, and they specialize in custom

American-built cruisers and choppers.

They sell the bikes, the gear, and they have a repair center on site.

The staff is friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable - it’s a family shop, and they sell and fix bikes because they love them.

I’ve bought two items from them recently.

The first was my helmet; they didn’t have a huge selection of full-face helmets (the carry mostly 3/4 and beanies), but what they ...

• did have was in a much more reasonable price range than the $200+ low-end at the sport shops.

Also, when the helmet broke (due to a manufactuer’s defect), they went out of their way to help me get it repaired, to the point of having the manufacturer ship in brand-new replacement parts.

The second item I bought from them was a pait of riding gloves; they have a huge selection, ranging from

fingerless all the way to mid-forearm gauntlets, all at really nice prices.

The pair I bought has held up great, and if and when I need any new leather, they’ll definitely be the place I hit.

They don’t have much in the way of Superbike gear, but if you’re looking for some nice new leathers for Sturgis, or saddlebags for a cross-country trip, or a sweet new Big Dawg chopper, this is definitely the place for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 24160883060431/k2311a0816/8.16.06