Teen People book  » Books  »
2.5
  • It actually had interesting articles such as how to eat healthy and dealing with school stress or whatever
  • I only buy the magazine because I like it when people actually send in their own stories and the quizes (love them, but lately they're kind of related to BOYFRIENDS and something just as dumb) - but lately i'm trying to refrain from that too

• by shiro_manjuu
      I got a Teen People subscription a year or two ago, and it used to be okay. It actually had interesting articles such as how to eat healthy and dealing with school stress or whatever.

Now I’m buying the magazine a lot less.

Any page I flip to has some

kind of fashion ad or acne face wash.

We get the point Teen People, but it gets so repetitive after awhile.

They used to have less ads.

Plus all their headlines are along the lines of “HOT LIST” “HOW TO LOOK SEXY”.

It’s full of crap and doesn’t promote good ...

• self-esteem if you keep directing teens to put this on and that on in order to look good.

What happens to the teens that can’t afford all those? I only buy the magazine because I like it when people actually send in their own stories and the quizes (love them,

but lately they’re kind of related to BOYFRIENDS and something just as dumb) - but lately i’m trying to refrain from that too.

Maybe with the money I can save up from NOT buying the magazine, I can actually afford those “items” you keep promoting and make myself look “good” too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17160883050431/k2311a0816/8.16.06