MAC Lipglass in Florabundance  » Cosmetics  »
  • MAC is very very popular here in Australia (even though we get charged about double the price than in USA), so I bought into the hype and purchased a 'Lipglass' from MAC, which is their name for a lip gloss
  • Florabundance was definitely the closest shade to what I was after, albeit a little more pinky
  • The problem with MAC Lipglasses is that they are sooo sticky

• by Maya

MAC is very very popular here in Australia (even though we get charged about double the price than in USA), so I bought into the hype and purchased a ‘Lipglass’ from MAC, which is their name for a lip gloss.

Firstly I wanted to ensure my AU$34 investment was in a shade I really wanted. I took the time to try on a great

deal of colours at a MAC store, hoping to find the perfect nude gloss. Florabundance was definitely the closest shade to what I was after, albeit a little more pinky. With dark features and fair but olive-toned skin, it matched my skintone perfectly without making me look ill. It also matched my sister-in-law, who is similar in colouring to me, if only a ...

• little fairer.

The problem with MAC Lipglasses is that they are sooo sticky! I couldn’t wear this gloss out on a windy day or my hair would get stuck to it as the wind blew my hair in my face!

It didn’t have much of a smell, nor taste so I can’t comment on that.

Another complaint I have is that I could not wear it

for too long as it would leave a white residue on my lips, particularly in the bits where my lips crease.

I actually lost this lipgloss a few months ago, and wouldn’t mind finding it again, but would I go and fork out another $34 for a replacement? Definitely not, when I can get something for half the price that does the job just as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311009830390430/k2311a0910/9.10.09