Loboc River Cruise  » Travel  »
Tagbilaran City, Bohol Philippines
  • Vacation is one of the best things you can do to keep yourself away from the office and pamper your mind with relaxation in a stress-free environment
  • The travel itself is already a great experience because you see different scenery along the way
  • You can avail of small motorized boat for a minimum fee but I suggest you go to the floating restaurants if you want to eat while on board
  • The price starts at P280 per head and varies depending on the season and usually cost more at night time which I think is for the fee on the lighting systems

• by yukito

Vacation is one of the best things you can do to keep yourself away from the office and pamper your mind with relaxation in a stress-free environment. My very first week-long vacation and probably the longest so far is with my office mates Grace and Faye in a wonderful place in Tagbilaran City, Bohol. To get to this paradise, you have to take a plane from Manila to Tagbilaran. I was so excited because it was my first time riding an airplane. We took the 10am flight of Cebu Pacific at Ninoy Aquino International Airport Gate 2 but we decided not to go directly to Tagbilaran, rather, we headed to Cebu City then ride a ship going to Tagbilaran. It took us about 1 and a half hour to reach Cebu via air and another 2 hours to reach Tagbilaran via water.

The

travel itself is already a great experience because you see different scenery along the way. We met several people of different nationalities and and took pictures of almost every single spot we see.

There are so many reasons to visit Bohol: the people are so friendly and hospitable; the air is fresh and different from the city; the foods are great; the history remains; and most of all, the place itself is a paradise.

We went on the famous Loboc River, now one of the major tourist destination for local and foreigners alike. Located in the Municipality of Loboc, about 24 kilometers away from Tagbilaran City, the ever-flowing river serves as a host to the cruisers on board small bancas and floating restaurants. You can avail of small motorized boat for a minimum fee but I suggest you go to the floating ...

• restaurants if you want to eat while on board. Each big boat is equipped with native structures of nipa hut and serves a mouthful varieties of food on a buffet table offering Filipino and some chinese cuisine. The price starts at P280 per head and varies depending on the season and usually cost more at night time which I think is for the fee on the lighting systems.

Most of the floating restaurants treat their guests with love songs and by requests genre on board that you could even sing a song yourself, while representatives from different barangay’s grace the tourists with folk songs and traditional dance on a duck situated just before you reach the end of the cruise.

If the weather is fair and the water is clear, it is a common practice for the cruiser to jump in to the

river and swim, however, during rainy seasons, the water is brown due to the mud flowing from the top of the mountain. Whether brown or green in coloration, the Loboc River is still beautiful, surrounded by various trees and vegetations.

To get there, just ride a bus or jeepney with a sign board showing Loboc. It is a lot cheaper to avail of this local transport than to hire a cab or a van which usually asks for additional 50% of the metered fare price. It would not be hard to locate the municipal hall which is just in the opposite side of the river and a massive stone church that serves as your landmark.

This is a cruise that I will always think of when I am stressed and indeed gives me a peace of mind away from the toxicity of office works.

Loboc River Cruise

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381009830360430/k2311a0910/9.10.09