Jon and Kate Plus 8  » TV  »
  • I love seeing how wide-eyed they get when seeing something new
  • I know how hard it must be to raise such a large
  • But overall, I felt the two were doing the best they can
  • I thought deep down they cared about each other
  • I think by year's end the show will be canceled which would probably be for the best

• by sandi109

This is a very entertaining show that I discovered by accident about a year and a half ago. I was tired of the horrible shows on television and was looking for something different. That’s when I saw those cute adorable faces. They were the Gosselin sextuplets and they were only babies. I of course had happened upon a rerun of the first season of Jon and Kate plus 8. I fell in love instantly. I have seen many reality tv shows and most of them have seemed like anything but. The Bachelor looks like on of the most staged shows I’ve ever seen, but yet I still keep coming back. Well, that’s for another review. Anyhow, Jon and Kate seemed genuine. Like I was getting a glimpse into their everyday world of what it is like to raise 8 kids who are all very close in age. And I have been very addicted.

Jon and Kate plus 8 is a reality tv show put out by TLC. It follows the life of Jon and Kate Gosselin and their above average size family. Basically the premise is that after getting married Kate could not get pregnant so the two of them went to a fertility clinic and they ended up with twins. Kate wanted another baby and so after lots of pestering Jon gives in

and they make trip number two to the fertility clinic and this time they get a little more than they bargained for. They got 6. You used to get this little synopsis at the beginning of every episode, but not anymore.

My impression of the show has slowly evolved over time. But one thing hasn’t changed. The whole reason that I hold the show close to my heart. The dear children. They are just so sweet to watch. They have grown up with cameras watching their every move practically their whole lives and it shows. They are not self-conscious at all. I mean it says a lot when the camera guy asks the little sextuplets girls who gets sent to the corner the most and Alexis raises her hand excitedly and proclaims “I do!” like she’s won some prize. She’s totally innocent. That’s what I like about the show. You get to see how kids are before they have been affected the world. I love seeing how wide-eyed they get when seeing something new. Watching the show makes me feel good. Of course, sometimes they can be silly and even mean to each other and this makes me smile and laugh really hard. I can relate to many of the moments depicted. I’ve watched the show so long I feel like I am part ...

• of the family.

Jon and Kate have never been the reason I watch but I have always supported them. I know how hard it must be to raise such a large. So many meltdowns. You can’t please everyone. But overall, I felt the two were doing the best they can. But then I saw the changes. I never liked how Kate spoke to Jon. It was very demeaning and at times darn right cruel. I started to dislike Kate but tried to tell myself it was due to the stress of the kids. Jon seemed very easy going to me. Always willing to please and while he might not have seemed as diligent and careful as Kate, I thought he was doing the best he could as well. I thought deep down they cared about each other. What I didn’t realize was that no matter how real a reality show can seem, it is still a show and their is acting. And staging.

Kate seemed so sweet and down to earth in the beginning. Now on the show she appears like a diva. I mean, I understood the tummy tuck, but I think getting tans twice a week and parading around in bikinis for the photographers is in bad taste. What does this teach the kids?

Jon once seemed like a dutiful husband and father

and now he seems like a single party guy. With earrings to boot!

I hate to see the pain that this family is going through. It breaks my heart to see that that Jon and Kate care more about money than working on their marriage and keeping their family together. These kids should not have to have their lives invaded by us viewers for entertainment value. This is wrong. I do feel that keeping the show going is using the kids in many ways. It is not beneficial. This show has represented to me how a family can come together in tough times and make things work.

A year ago I would have given this show a 10. The episodes overall are pretty interesting. But now since the divorce, it seems more staged than ever. They are running out of ideas. They just aired an episode where Kate took the kids out camping in the back yard much like last years episode with Jon. I still give it an 8 despite it all. But I do think it is time to move on. I think by year’s end the show will be canceled which would probably be for the best. Just because a show is fun to watch doesn’t mean we should be watching it. This family is self-destructing and that shouldn’t be for our entertainment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101009830330330/k2311a0910/9.10.09