Hygea Shield ‘N Protect Wipe Skin Protectant Wipe  » Health  »
  • I found the Hygea Shield ‘N Protect Skin protectant wipe to be very effective at keeping the lighter adhesive softee lead patch stickers on my skin, especially at night when I tend to get warmer and the stickers were falling off
  • The Hygea Shield ‘N Protect Skin protectant wipes made the whole 21 day experience much more pleasant for me

• by Michigan_Mother

I recently had to have a 21 day heart monitor through Life Watch company. That meant that every day after my shower I had to change the sticky adhesive electrode leads before reattaching the wires. Since I have sensitive skin from years of high dose prednisone use, the normal lead stickers had given me troubles. As a result, the Life Watch heart monitor company sent me some soft fabric adhesive leads as well as Hygea Shield N’ Protect Skin Protectant Wipes.

The Hygea Shield ‘N Protect Skin Protectant Wipe was suppose to leave an effective barrier between the skin and

the adhesive lead. They came packaged as single wipes, similar to an alcohol prep pad. Each wipe is 1.1 x 2.9 x 6.6 cm so you have a generous sized wipe to do all the areas in one wipe. You don’t have to use one Hygea Shield N’ Protect Wipe per lead, but can do all five leads at one time like I did.

Basically, you swipe the Hygea Shield ‘N Protect Skin Protectant wipe across the area where you are going to apply the adhesive lead sticker. This helps to form a non-irritant skin contact barrier between the skin ...

• and the adhesive lead sticker. The Hygea Shield ‘N Protect Skin Protectant Wipes are also latex free to minimize irritating. The ingredients in the skin protectant wipes are isopropyl alcohol, water, ethyl ester of PVM/MA copolymer, ethyl alcohol and acetyl tributyl citrate.

The Hygea Shield ‘N Protect skin protectant wipes leave a tacky residue on your skin. This is the barrier. Although it is a bit stinky, similar to the smell of nail polish remover, the smell dissipates quickly after application. You have to let the barrier wiped area dry completely before you place the adhesive sticker lead on your

skin, otherwise it just slides off. I found the Hygea Shield ‘N Protect Skin protectant wipe to be very effective at keeping the lighter adhesive softee lead patch stickers on my skin, especially at night when I tend to get warmer and the stickers were falling off. Once I started using the Hygea Skin Protectant wipes, I didn’t lose a single sticker during the remain weeks on the heart monitor. I also didn’t have any more skin break down, rashes, welts or irritation. The Hygea Shield ‘N Protect Skin protectant wipes made the whole 21 day experience much more pleasant for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341009830230330/k2311a0910/9.10.09