Time Warner Cable of NC  » Business  »
1.5
  • If you are trying to decide which cable service to use in NC, you may want to consider not going with Time Warner Cable
  • I pay approx $50 for 75 channels-- I'm still not sure exactly how much I pay because they don't itemize their bills and they couldn't agree on a single price
  • I've rarely had a positive experience with TWC, and I have been a loyal customer for 10 years

• by Hayden Harms

If you are trying to decide which cable service to use in NC, you may want to consider not going with Time Warner Cable. Here’s why:

Their customer service is terrible. Yesterday, I was quoted three different prices by three different people (for basic cable).

I once returned one of my DVRs and, instead of crediting my account,

they canceled it entirely. I spoke to 4 people, including a supervisor, and they had no idea what had happened. The tech that came out to reconnect simply shook his head in disbelief.

They have a little-known policy where they will offer to reduce your payment for 6 months while receiving the same products. You can only do ...

• it twice, and it’s only if you really need it. When I talked with the rep, she laughed at me. She LAUGHED at me because I was going through a temporary monetary hardship.

I pay approx $50 for 75 channels– I’m still not sure exactly how much I pay because they don’t itemize their bills and they

couldn’t agree on a single price. I can get 150 channels for $35 at Direct TV.

I’ve rarely had a positive experience with TWC, and I have been a “loyal” customer for 10 years. I can’t wait to cancel the whole account… or perhaps I just need to downgrade a feature and they’ll do it for me, by accident.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411009830090330/k2311a0910/9.10.09