Methocarbam 500 mg Generic for Robaxin Manufactured by Qualitest Muscle Relaxant  » Medicine  »
  • I would definitely like to lighten my pharmaceutical load, and get better results

• by Michigan_Mother

I get awful muscle cramping and spasms. Some of it is due to lupus, some to fibromyalgia, some to irritable bowel, but ultimately all too often for comfort of functionality. At night I am often kept up by my muscles twitching unless I take Flexeril to help relieve some of my spasms. However, I cannot take Flexeril during the day because it makes me entirely too sleepy and groggy so that I can’t do activities of daily living safely or well at all. That’s where Methocarbam 500 mg, a generic for the brand name Robaxin, comes into my life.

My primary care

physician and rheumatologist both suggested I try a different muscle relaxant during daytime hours to help me become more functional. With the Flexeril I would often fall asleep or have blurry vision or dizziness during the day. However, with the Methocarbam 500 mg (generic for Robaxin) from Qualitest I have not had any of those difficulties, and my muscle spasms and pain have been greatly reduced.

I take the Methocarbam 500 mg white round tablet up to four times daily as needed for my muscle spasms. Usually I am only having to take it twice during the daytime hours, whereas with the ...

• Flexeril to get good control of my muscle spasms and pain I was taking it around the clock, as often as I could and sometimes still having difficulties with spasms that would keep me awake.

The Methocarbam 500 mg (generic for Robaxin) is working so well for me that at my next office visit, I intend to ask my doctor if I can try it for my evening dose before bed instead of the dlexeril. Sometimes the Flexeril leaves me feeling a bit dodgy in the mornings if I didn’t get full sleep and since the Methocarbam (generic for Robaxin) is working

well for me at a limited dose during the day, it may be a good solution for me at night as well.

I would definitely like to lighten my pharmaceutical load, and get better results. Methocabam seems to be a step in that direction with this generic prescription for Robaxin helping my spasms, and keeping them at bay, but allowing me to be alert and functional too. I can drive while using Methocarbam 500 mg tablets (generic for Robaxin) whereas it wasn’t safe for me to do so on other muscle relaxants because I was just too mentally out of it.

quick note by anonymous :

I suggest you take a one a day vitamin and 400 mg of magnesium. It worked for me.

Galega says :

Actually, Magnesium as a supplement should be taken with care. The daily recommended dose for women is around 300 mg. The younger the dose becomes lower. Pregnant and breastfeeding women are required to take more as per suggestion of the OBGyne. Similarly, the daily recommended dose for males also varies. And, hence saying that one should take 400 mg of Magnesium daily may not be right.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261009829860330/k2311a0910/9.10.09