Loretta Instant Mashed Potatoes Four Cheese 7.2 Ounce Net Weight
  • I found the Loretta Instant Mashed Potatoes in the food aisle of Big Lot
  • Every once in a while I like to eat instant potatoes, and this four cheese variety looked good on the box

• by Michigan_Mother

I found the Loretta Instant Mashed Potatoes in the food aisle of Big Lot. Every once in a while I like to eat instant potatoes, and this four cheese variety looked good on the box. The box was marked low in fat, cholesterol free and 0 g of trans fat, so it was a win win situation for me.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the box contained two separate packages of the Loretta Instant Mashed Potatoes. Made with real Idaho potatoes, the flakes were thick and not crumbly like some instant potatoes you can get in a box. The

two separate containers was excellent for me, because often I make them just for myself and then I don’t have any waster.

Another plus about these four cheese Loretta Instant Mashed Potatoes is that they are ready in five minutes. All I had to do was all water, milk and some butter and pop them into the microwave. In my microwave they were actually ready in under three minutes, beating the box time.

Loretta Instant Mashed Potatoes are very flavorful. They cook up into a whipped, and airy potato mix. The flavors I got most were cheddar and a bit of an ...

• au gratin type taste to them. I’ve since used the Loretta Instant Mashed Potatoes to make potato soup adding in some fresh chives and leeks. The four cheese instant mashed potatoes make a great base for just about any kind of potato soup you can think of. I used them to do a cheesy carrot potato soup and cooked them on the stove ending up with a creamy delightful soup that even tasted awesome cold.

The Loretta Instant Mashed Potatoes do have a lot of sodium. 1020 milligrams of sodium are in each serving which is roughly 1/5 of the package,

or nearly ½ a bag out of the two bags. So, when I make a full bag, I’m getting more than 2000 milligrams of sodium which is not good for my heart health, but is extremely tasty.

All in all, the Loretta Instant Mashed Potatoes in the Four Cheese flavor are something I eat on the fly when I want a quick mashed potato fix. They are inexpensive at under $2.00 for the box, which is better than many instant mashed potatoes on the market. They taste awesome, and for that taste I’m willing to overlook the nutritional imbalance now and again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271009829560230/k2311a0910/9.10.09