Adam-12 - Log 55: Missing Child  » TV  »
  • I have to admit that I don't like the beginning this Adam-12 episode
  • Even though I don't like the opening segment, I'm giving this show a good score

• by Orrymain

I have to admit that I don’t like the beginning this Adam-12 episode. It bothers me on many levels. As an animal lover, it’s unnerving and disturbing. It concerns an elderly woman (Alma Platt) who intentionally left her gas on in an attempt to euthanize her cats and birds. She’s having to go to an assisted living center, and

she can’t take them with her. They all live, but I’m just very sensitive to this opening scene. I just don’t like it.

The episode is entitled Log 55: Missing Child, and it’s the sixth show of the third season. Once again, we see our heroes, Pete Malloy and Jim Reed patrolling the streets. I certainly wish they were on ...

• my beat. Martin Milner and Kent McCord are superb in their roles.

A fun bit for me is a segment where a nephew is robbing his uncle. The nephew is played by Chuck Courtney, who was an actor and stunt coordinator. I met him a couple of times, so always get a kick out of seeing him on television.

The most famous

guest star in this episode, however, is a very young Jodie Foster, who plays Mary Bennett, the friend of a little girl who has gone missing. Regardless of age, Jodie has talent. Glenna Sargent plays the missing child, Janet O’Neill, but nearly with the flair that Jodie has as Mary.

Even though I don’t like the opening segment, I’m giving this show a good score.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101009829420230/k2311a0910/9.10.09