Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs  » Books  »
  • I was intrigued by the works of Kathy Reichs even since I learned that my favorite TV series Bones is based on her novels
  • I should really stop comparing her character in the TV series and the heroine here because I will always be disappointed (and so I will stop)

• by TheAdvocate

I was intrigued by the works of Kathy Reichs even since I learned that my favorite TV series Bones is based on her novels. The novel and the books have interchanged the characters; the novel’s heroine is Dr.

Temperance Brennan and the author is Kathy Reichs, while the series has it the other way around.

My first foray

to this series of books was not a total success (see my review of Deja Dead), but being the obsessive-compulsive that I am, I plodded on with the rest of the books.

The next book I read was Fatal Voyage.

I could not find two of her earlier works’ Death Du Jour and Deadly Decisions at once, and ...

• so I went on to this next one.

I liked this one better.

The story was more compelling and more relevant.

It was about a commercial jetliner which crashed in her home state of North Carolina, and thus she was called to identify the bodies.

I should really stop comparing her character in the TV series and the

heroine here because I will always be disappointed (and so I will stop).

The pace of the book is faster and more compelling.

Reichs has the tendency to use big words that makes me want to consult a dictionary or thesaurus.

It can come off as pompous at times, and at other times, enlightening.

I enjoyed this book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171009829240230/k2311a0910/9.10.09