Monday Mourning by Kathy Reichs
  • What I like about Reichs is that she discusses forensic medicine in an in-depth manner, although if you are not interested in this particular field, you might find it boorish

• by TheAdvocate

After watching and re-watching Bones, I finally figured out that the television series that I dearly loved was based on the novels and characters of Kathy Reichs. Dr. Tempearance Brennan was bragging about it to Boothe in one episode saying “I’m a best-selling author.

That gives me elevated status in society. ” I checked out this little

factoid (I thought it was fiction), and it turned out that she was not bragging, but stating a fact.

Kathy Reichs is indeed a best-selling author, and thus started my hoarding of her books. I had a hard time tracking them down.

Bookstores seem to always run out of them. I finally found this book Monday ...

• Mourning in a second-hand book store.

Monday Mourning finds Dr. Temperance Brennan solving the puzzle as to who were these three young women which were unearthed in a basement of a pizza parlor.

field, you might find it boorish. She is just a fountain of factoid.

Reichs is not for those who are not academically-oriented or are merely seeking a novel for really leisurely reading. If you do not pay attention, you might miss out on factoids that are really insightful and helpful.

She is truly the queen of forensics.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171009829210230/k2311a0910/9.10.09