Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs
  • The first few books of Kathy Reichs were not so interesting, even though I read that her first book, Deja Dead became a New York Times bestseller and won the prestigious 1997 Ellis Award for Best First Novel

• by TheAdvocate

Grave Secrets is the fifth book from Kathy Reichs. She is also the producer of the hit television series Bones, the stories of which are based on her books and the charaters therein.

Dead became a New York Times bestseller and won the prestigious 1997 Ellis Award for Best First Novel.

However, Grave Secrets changed my mind.

Luckily, since I am very interested in forensic medicine, I persevered in reading her books.

It was in Grave Secrets where I saw the true potential and depth of ...

• Kathy Reichs.

I was truly moved by the setting of this novel, a village in Guatemala where one summer morning, soldiers killed plenty of women and children.

I could appreciate the political sensitivity of the topic, and this was discussed by Reichs in the novel.

It was in this novel that I felt

her horror.

Dealing with death on a daily basis must have somehow desensitized her (or so I thought), but nothing prepared her for this horror.

It was also in this novel where the action started heating up.

Death is not such a passive story after all.

I think this book should win an award.

Andrew Leither says :

This was really great and interesting to read. I am familiar with Bones television series and this review was exciting to read and absorb all the detail. Grave Secrets is like a book that has suddenly come alive and turned into a movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171009829100130/k2311a0910/9.10.09