Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs
  • I came upon Kathy Reichs after I learned that the TV series Bones that I enjoy so much is based on her novels and characters
  • This book also forays into the world of religion, and Reichs takes her turn in the very controversial Jesus issue

• by TheAdvocate

I came upon Kathy Reichs after I learned that the TV series Bones that I enjoy so much is based on her novels and characters. Cross Bones is one of her later works in the series following the life and cases of her heroine Dr.

Temperance Brennan as she solves forensic mysteries

bi-continentally.

Dr.

Brennan works both in the Coroner’s Office in North Carolina and Quebec.

This makes for an interesting plot.

Reichs has learned from her previous books, and has tried to spice up the story here in Cross Bones with the heating up of the romance between Brennan and a good-looking Lothario ...

• of a detective, Andrew Ryan.

This book also forays into the world of religion, and Reichs takes her turn in the very controversial Jesus issue.

Reichs tries to keep up with Don Brown in this issue, but I feel that the research is not as good as Da Vinci.

Reichs has also

learned to shorten her chapters, unlike the previous ones, where even I, a very interested and devoted reader, get cross-eyed from boredom.

She also takes her character out of the two places she knows best, and ventures to Europe.

I do love her books, but personally, action is not as much as other crime-thrillers.

Andrew Leither says :

I was instantly caught on by the title “Cross Bones” by Kathy Reichs. I have not heard of her or read any of her books but the review shows that it’s great to start turning to new authors. And as you mentioned in your review that she has learned from her previous books and knows how to write with a twist and intrigue and clever plot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171009829090130/k2311a0910/9.10.09