Equaline Earache Relief Drops  » Medicine  »
  • They were a homeopathic preparation, which I don't have experience with either, as I have never tried homeopathic remedies, at least none that I'm aware of
  • Reading the label, I found out that these ear drops contained Chamomilla, which I assumed was a form of Chamomile tea
  • Again the thought of putting mercury into my ears sort of made uneasy, but maybe because I was delirious with the pain or just trusted this product because it was supposed to be natural, I decided to buy it and try it
  • I cannot recommend that anyone use this or any other natural or homeopathic remedy, but if it's okay with your doctor and he or she says that it's safe for you, then I can say it really did help my severe ear pain and with your doctor or healthcare provider's approval, I recommend it

• by mom1

Last year I had a very bad cold which leaded to horrific sinus congestion and ultimately the worst earache that I even had in my life. I don’t even remember, prior to this incident when I even had an earache. They are not something that I get on a regular basis so, I wasn’t prepared for the excruciating pain that it entailed. I guess I was so congested from the cold, that it did something to tubes in my ears.

I was desperate for relief and no over the counter medication that I took did anything for the pounding pain of my earache. So, it was off to Walgreens in search of something that could sooth the pain. I came across Equiline Earache Relief Drops.

I had never heard of these drops before, but I was willing to try anything. They were a homeopathic preparation, which I don’t have experience with either, as

I have never tried homeopathic remedies, at least none that I’m aware of. Reading the label, I found out that these ear drops contained Chamomilla, which I assumed was a form of Chamomile tea.

If you count Chamomile tea, then I guess I did try an herbal or homeopathic product. It also contained Sulphur of which I was not to happy about putting Sulphur into my ear, but if was going to help ease the pain I was all for it. The next ingredient that I noticed was somthing called Mercurious Solubilis which sounded very ominous to me and I found out by reading the label that this is a non-toxic form of mercurius that is also know as quick silver.

I always thought quick silver is what they called the mercury thats in a thermometer. Again the thought of putting mercury into my ears sort of made uneasy, but maybe because I was delirious ...

• with the pain or just trusted this product because it was supposed to be natural, I decided to buy it and try it. When I got home I literally thought that my eardrums were punctured.

If I didn’t get at least some relief with my new eardrops I was going to call the doctor ASAP, because I actually feared that I might lose my hearing. In addition to the sever pain, my ears were clogged and my hearing was very muffled.

As I took the small brown bottle out of the box, it didn’t look particularly sinister, just a small brown bottle with an eyedropper or in this case eardropper cap.

It did however look like a medication that I would have taken in the 1960’s because it look very outdated and old fashioned. Just like the instructions stated, I tilted my head sideways and applied the drops into each ear. I then put a

small piece of cotton in each to prevent the drops from leaking out.

To my amazement and relief (I don’t specifically remember exactly how long), the pain started to subside. I literally was so excited that the pain was actually starting to diminish that I almost cried! I put in more drops later on in the day, and by the time I went to bed the pain was greatly reduced, although not completely gone. I would use this product again if I should ever get another earache, which I hope I don’t, but I was so pleased with the results, I would use it in a minute.

I cannot recommend that anyone use this or any other natural or homeopathic remedy, but if it’s okay with your doctor and he or she says that it’s safe for you, then I can say it really did help my severe ear pain and with your doctor or healthcare provider’s approval, I recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26909828560430/k2311a099/9.9.09