Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing  » Music  »
  • So, whilst this album is definitely not 'The Best Damn Thing' on my iPod, it's definitely the best damn album released by this pop-rock chick
  • Not being an Avril fan makes it a bit more difficult to choose songs that I think are worth mentioning on this review but to be fair there are actually a few that do stand out and that I would recommend giving a listen to or even buying
  • That said, it's written cleverly in the sense that the lyrics and the music will definitely stick with you all day, that in itself guarantees you a hit pop song so kudos on that
  • The next song that I'd recommend giving a listen to it 'Hot'
  • I love the lyrics up until the choruse, they will definitely stick with you all day, no doubt about that

• by zoeeb

The Best Damn Thing? Does this album really live up to that ambitious title? Well, in a word, no. Not in my opinion. But that’s a bit unfair of me because of several things.

I’m not an Avril fan to be honest, I can’t seem to get along with this music. I have it on my iPod just incase I feel like something different though! So, whilst this album is definitely not ‘The Best Damn Thing’ on my iPod, it’s definitely the best damn album released by this pop-rock chick.

worth mentioning on this review but to be fair there are actually a few that do stand out and that I would recommend giving a listen to or even buying. The first one is actually on my top ten most irritating songs ever list.

Harsh, maybe but this song irritates the life out of me! That said, it’s written cleverly in the sense that the lyrics and the music will definitely stick with you all day, that in itself guarantees you a hit pop song so kudos on that. I can’t really say anything positive about this song because it’s really not for me but if you like ...

• pop music or (annoying) rock-chicks then I’m pretty sure you will love this song.

The next song that I’d recommend giving a listen to it ‘Hot’. As much as I hate to say this, I actually really like this song! It was quite popular a while back when it first came out so you have probably heard it before.

The thing that I like about this track is that it shows a more grown up side to Avril, but also a really cheeky, flirty side. I love the lyrics up until the choruse, they will definitely stick with you all day, no doubt about that!

The last song

worth mentioning in theis review is ‘When You’re Gone’.

A piano based, slow, ballad. Not usually Avril’s style but I think that she pulls this track off really well.

It suits her voice perfectly and she shows off her vocal range really well. I’m pretty sure that most people will have heard of this song by now becuase it got a lot, and I mean A LOT of airtime when it was released.

It’s definitely worth a listen if you haven’t heard it yet becasue it’s actually pretty good. Overall, the best album from Avril Lavigne and one that I would recommend buying.

Especially if you like pop music or Avril’s work in general.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14909828400430/k2311a099/9.9.09