Holiday Inn Hotel in Toronto, Canada  » Hotels  »
370 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • I have to say that to me the best hotel in the world would be any one in the Holiday Inn chain of hotels
  • Luckily, I could afford it at that time, and of course, my date was absolutely impressed

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I have to say that to me the best hotel in the world would be any one in the Holiday Inn chain of hotels. It’s not that it offers grandiose service, but that it seems to meet all my expectations of the ideal hotel.

My ideal hotel does not have to look like a castle like the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel, or the equally lavish Manila Hotel where General Douglas MacArthur once slept. What I am looking for in a hotel primarily is service delivery and comfort.

Price would be my number three factor, and the last time I slept for one night at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Toronto, I was charged $200 plus tax for a King guest room. Not that it’s the hotel’s fault, it was a last minute booking

for a hot date, the hottest I ever had in my life.

The booking is ordinarily $143.20 plus tax, but that’s when you give the hotel adequate notice like a week or longer. In my case my advance notice was less than 24 hours, so there. Luckily, I could afford it at that time, and of course, my date was absolutely impressed!

For someone like me who had lived in Toronto for more than a decade, sightings of the CN Tower or Rogers Center from the hotel balcony are ordinary if not mundane—but not for a new comer to the big city. Understandably, it takes time to not get awed with the impressively cosmopolitan skyline of this big city, which likes to kick any other city in Canada in the butt.

Apart from the view,

• the room was truly spacious, with a matching work desk for my laptop. I never figured out, however, how to use the hotel’s wireless Internet as I got busy which much more important things. I told myself, if I had to pay $200 for a hotel booking in one night, so be it. At least, I can tell myself in the future that I’d done it—plus I’m telling you guys now, am I not?

Room service is incredible at this Holiday Inn, I ordered chicken wings and a couple of drinks, and they came in less than five minutes. And the hotel ad is correct, the bed is incredibly soft and I could lie on it forever.

Holiday Inn really knows how to take care of the details that matter. For example, the shower

had controls in place to give only enough hot water so it does not scald you, unlike most hotels. How often does it happen that opening the bathtub water faucet for the first time is enough to burn your hands? This wouldn’t happen at this Holiday Inn!

I had a luxurious bath, and savored the soap, but the best part is the shampoo and conditioner, which were so soft on my hair, and replete with moisturizers from what my hair follicles and my otherwise dry scalp could sense.

This Holiday Inn’s location is also perfect, everything that matters about downtown Toronto is within reach, there’s no need to take the taxi to anywhere. So my verdict? The $200 was well worth it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2809827990130/k2311a098/9.8.09