On-Cor Lasagna  » Food  »
2.0
  • That’s why I was so disappointed with it on Friday
  • At first, I thought maybe the lasagna got stored weird and the pasta slid to one side

• by Steve

I wanted a lasagna dinner for supper on Friday but was on a tight budget. So, rather than buying a more expensive brand, I picked up another meat lasagna from On-Cor. I have purchased this particular brand of lasagna in the past and have been happy with it.

Not only is it affordable (under $4), it has always proven to be both filling and of decent

quality. That’s why I was so disappointed with it on Friday.

I made this lasagna and the first thing I ended up doing was warning my wife “something isn’t right with this brand any more. ” The reason I said that is the lasagna was deformed.

One side was somewhat thick while the other side was on the thin side. At first, I thought maybe the lasagna ...

• got stored weird and the pasta slid to one side.

But, the thicker side didn’t have any more than the lasagna usually does. I ended up making this in the microwave then eating it.

Again, we were disappointed. First, it didn’t taste anywhere near as good as it usually does.

The spices were different than I was expecting and there wasn’t as much meat as this

product usually offers. It also failed to be a satisfying meal.

We were still hungry after eating the entire thing and had to fill up on garlic bread instead. I will probably buy this brand again in the future because I have had good experiences with it and I’m willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

But, at least this time around, I am having second thoughts about my purchase.

Barack 0bama says :

just picked one up from winco for $ 2.79 and was what I expected.

But way too salty tasting.

Jennifer says :

If you are looking for a really good frozen lasagna I going with Michael Angelo’s it isn’t overly salty and has a much more home cooked flavor. It is more expensive but the excellent flavor is, in my opinion, worth the extra cost.

Linda galinski says :

Wrote email to on cor about lasagna that had no meat sauce still no response after a month very dissatisfied with them and showed everyone at work

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27809827701230/k2311a098/9.8.09