So I Married an Axe Murderer  » Movies  »
  • I especially love his cop friend, who is disappointed that being a police officer is nothing like it is in the movies
  • This is a great romantic comedy that I would recommend as a good date movie one night

• by Steve

I’m not a huge fan of some of his later Austin Powers movies, but I have always thought Mike Myers was a bit underrated when it comes to his films. That’s why I took the time to watch one of his first movies again; “So I Married an Axe Murderer.

” This movie, which has Myers marrying

a woman (Nancy Travis) who may or may not have murdered three other men on her honeymoon, isn’t one of his best movies.

The jokes aren’t memorable as they are in other movies and Myers seems to be a bit timid when it comes to his execution.

In other words, you won’t mistake it for the ...

• next Waynes World or Shrek.

But, it still manages to be a cute, charming comedy.

Myers is great both as the main character and the character’s father (who reminds me a lot of Shrek) and there are some scenes that do stick out a bit (like when he is helping Travis at her butcher shop).

I

especially love his cop friend, who is disappointed that being a police officer is nothing like it is in the movies.

This is a great romantic comedy that I would recommend as a good date movie one night.

It’s not one, however, I would recommend watching more than once every few years because you might find yourself getting bored with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11809827691230/k2311a098/9.8.09