Bloodrayne  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I love vampire movies so it should be a bit surprising I didn't get around to watching the film Bloodrayne until tonight
  • The movie was OK but not as good as I thought it would be
  • The problem with movies based on video games is they tend to assume you actually played the game and won't be confused if they skip major plot points
  • I was excited to watch the film but have to say I was disappointed

• by Steve

I love vampire movies so it should be a bit surprising I didn’t get around to watching the film Bloodrayne until tonight. The movie was OK but not as good as I thought it would be.

The problem with movies based on video games is they tend to assume you actually played the game and won’t

be confused if they skip major plot points.

I never played the game so I was one of the people who did get confused from time to time; especially since many of the characters in the film had accents and I was having trouble understanding them whenever they explained something to me.

The movie is also ...

• one of the bloodiest vampire flicks I’ve seen in a while.

And, when I say that, I really don’t mean it in a good way.

The plot had potential but the extra blood during the battles added too much of a fake element to things and that was very hard to overlook.

It also didn’t help

that the movie reminded me too much of the film Blade; the exception being this vampire turned vampire hunter is a female (and looks a lot better).

I was excited to watch the film but have to say I was disappointed.

It was better than Twilight but not as good as many other vampire movies I have watched in the past.

Bloodrayne

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11809827681230/k2311a098/9.8.09