Ghost Hunters: Altoona, PA  » TV  »
  • It was even interesting to hear one of the women be concerned over their husband potentially losing his job

• by Orrymain

I didn’t watch Ghost Hunters at the beginning of its run about five years ago, but I have watched off and on for the last couple of years. They tend to go to a lot of old places that have reported haunts or mysterious happenings. One of the critiques I’ve heard from original viewers, though, is that they don’t like the current direction of the show. According to them, the show used to

deal with more private homes, and those viewers preferred that to what we get now.

Recently, the very first episode of Ghost Hunters aired. It was titled Altoona, PA. This show was indeed very different from anything I’ve ever seen. For the first thing, the wives were on the show. Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson both work for Roto-rooter and have families. Listening to the wives voice their concerns over their ghost-busting ...

• husbands being away from home so much is good drama and something I’d never heard before. It was even interesting to hear one of the women be concerned over their husband potentially losing his job.

Of course, Ghost Hunters exploded, and Roto-Rooter absolutely loves the free publicity they get from the show. They fully support Hawes and Wilson doing whatever they need to in order to keep this free advertising coming. I would also

hazard a guess that the wives aren’t worrying about the potential loss of income anymore, either.

I actually agree with the early fans. There is something nice about seeing the guys in a regular home, dealing with issues that most of us can understand. The thing that surprised me a little was the gruffness of Jason with his TAPS employees. That was different.

This first episode was a good introduction to TAPS and Ghost Hunters.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10809827521230/k2311a098/9.8.09