Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs book
  • I was happy when I learned that this was based on a best-selling novel by Kathy Reichs
  • I was impressed with her credentials, and I excitedly started reading Deja Dead
  • Unfortunately, the book was not a page turner as I expected
  • I like the subject matter and that is the only reason I plowed on and read the entire book

• by TheAdvocate

I absolutely loved the television series Bones and I watch it (yes, even re-runs) every time I could. I was happy when I learned that this was based on a best-selling novel by Kathy Reichs.

I searched the bookstores diligently, even going over to secondhand bookstores to look for

the older books.

I finally found the very first book in the series entitled Deja Dead.

I was intrigued with the author, a forensic anthropologist who worked for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the State of North Carolina and the province of Quebec, Canada.

I was impressed with her credentials, and I excitedly started reading Deja Dead.

Unfortunately, the book was not a page turner as I expected.

I loved that she would switch to French because I got to practice my rusty French skills.

I also loved her discussions on the science of forensics and ...

• Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs book
      its application to the case she was solving.

It was fascinating read, but for a fiction novel, it did not come to the level of Harry Potter.

I felt as if Reichs was talking to her students, instead of ordinary readers.

I like the subject matter and that is

the only reason I plowed on and read the entire book.

The chapters were too long (I have been spoiled by James Patterson) and the words used are too difficult.

I had to refer to the dictionary most of the time.

I like the plot, but I was bored reading this book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17809827421230/k2311a098/9.8.09