Naproxen  » Medicine  »
1.0
  • Well, she took some one day and she told me over the phone that it practically did nothing for her which really disappointed her because she was hoping that something a doctor would describe would work better for her than something that was over the counter
  • Well, after a few weeks, a package came in and I found that she had sent me some of the Naproxen and I actually couldn't wait to try some as I was starting to have some heavy cramps and thought this would work better than my normal Advil
  • I thought maybe it was because I had eaten just before I took the pill and the food was dampening the effect of the pain killer
  • Overall, I was not impressed with this pain killer

• by onerios13

I was talking to my best friend the other day and she was telling me that her sister-in-law who is a nurse had seen how she downed Motrin down like candy and was appalled by the fact that she had to eat that many in order to get some relief for her cramps. Well, being a nurse, she ended up giving her some Naproxen from her own medicine cabinet as she thought it would be better for her in the long run because they were suppose to be strong pain killers and wasn’t as hard on the stomach as Motrin is. Well, she took some one day and she told me over the phone that it practically did nothing for her which really disappointed her because she was hoping that

something a doctor would describe would work better for her than something that was over the counter.

Well, as I was listening to her complain about these pills, I told her that Darvocet was my favorite pain killer and she replied that this stuff was suppose to be the generic form of Darvocet which she didn’t like anymore than this stuff she got from her sister-in-law. However, since I knew how much Motrin she could handle, I knew that some of this prescription stuff was like Tic-Tacs to her, so I asked that she send me some of the Naproxen as I knew I’d probably benefit from it far more than she could.

Well, after a few weeks, a package came in and I found that she had sent me some ...

• of the Naproxen and I actually couldn’t wait to try some as I was starting to have some heavy cramps and thought this would work better than my normal Advil. Well, I took one the first night and honestly, I didn’t feel much.

I thought maybe it was because I had eaten just before I took the pill and the food was dampening the effect of the pain killer. So the next night I waited until I was about to go to bed, when I had finished dinner a few hours before hand, and then took two, thinking that this would be far more effective then when I had taken only one on a full stomach yesterday.

Well, even so, the only thing that I felt this time was a

headache right in the back of my skull. It was actually a stabbing pain and I felt rather nauseous for a few hours.

In other words, this stuff was no where NEAR what Darvocets are. Darvocets make me a little loopy to be sure, but it also takes away all kinds of pain and makes me feel very relaxed and happy.

This stuff just made me want to take some Excedrin and perhaps vomit into a toilet. Overall, I was not impressed with this pain killer.

I mean, sure maybe it’s for some other kinds of pain like arthritis, but I can tell you that it won’t do much for cramps! In the future, I will just stick to my Pamprin or Advil because at least these don’t make my symptoms even worse.

Naproxen

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26809827411230/k2311a098/9.8.09