Claim Jumper  » Restaurants  »
1100 S Fort Apache Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89117
  • I had never heard of Claim Jumper before I came to Las Vegas, and in fact although I had seen the place here and there as I believe it is a chain of restaurants, never really was that eager to go and check it out
  • I will say that I was impressed with the overall decor of the place as it was close to both of our homes
  • And I will say that the prices aren't really that bad when you consider it is a bit of a higher end restaurant
  • It's one of those places where you can pretty much guarantee that your meal will be delicious, the service fast and friendly and the desert menu will please even the ficklest of palettes
  • And like I said, you get a lot for your bucks, so come with a large appetite or just be prepared to take home a doggy bag because you'll definitely need it

• by onerios13

I had never heard of Claim Jumper before I came to Las Vegas, and in fact although I had seen the place here and there as I believe it is a chain of restaurants, never really was that eager to go and check it out. But a friend of mine suggested it one day as a place to do lunch because she really liked the menu and the ambiance and so I said sure and we drove there to have a meal. I will say that I was impressed with the overall decor of the place as it was close to both of our homes.

It reminds me of a hunting lodge, a very dark masculine den of dark wood and rustic themed paintings and objects hanging from the wall. The

waitress was very friendly and was quick to take our drinks and orders and came back just as quickly with our salads and appetizers.

And I have to say that the one thing I was most impressed about this place was the proportions of the meal. I mean, the plate is bigger than the size of your head and the food is piled to the top of the roof! I honestly could only eat about a fourth of my meal before I had to stop and take a breath and roughly about the time I was half through, I had to admit defeat and set my fork down permanently.

Since that first time, I have gone back a few more times with other friends and once with my fiance who actually had a friend working there and so made sure our food was free, which was super nice of him. But even if he wasn’t there and we had to pay, we would have still done it as the food is very good overall and I really like how the restaurant feels as far as being a comfortable place to dine and doesn’t give itself any ‘airs’ as if it really is a hoity-toity restaurant.

It has that home cooked meal feel to it with lots of soft and buttery mashed potatoes, corn, and of course meat.

And I will say that the prices aren’t really that bad when you consider it is a bit of a higher end restaurant.

Of course it’s not like something that would be in the Ritz Carlton,

• Claim Jumper
      but it’s very decent in menu selection and I’d place it a bit higher than your ordinary Chili’s and Friday’s. It’s one of those places where you can pretty much guarantee that your meal will be delicious, the service fast and friendly and the desert menu will please even the ficklest of palettes.

I don’t go as much as I used to due to the sour economy and because it’s just so much cheaper to prepare a meal at home, so I don’t know what the menu looks like now. However, I am sure that their signature steaks are still available and that is what I’d recommend to anyone who wants to go there and give a try.

They do really good steaks and pretty much all the meats, like pork

chops, chicken and BBQ. So if you’re down with home cookin’ and lots of rib-sticking favorites like mashed potatoes, corn and beans, you’ll love this place to bits.

It’s very family friendly and the menu will please anyone that has a stomach and loves food. It’s one of those places that I think will be a treat to go to and once the economy starts to re-stabilize, I will most likely go back there to have a meal with friends and family.

I think that anyone who goes there will be impressed by the restaurant overall and will have a great experience. And like I said, you get a lot for your bucks, so come with a large appetite or just be prepared to take home a doggy bag because you’ll definitely need it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7809827391230/k2311a098/9.8.09