Sally Hansen Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit
  • This product, I roughly paid around six bucks at Wal-Mart and there's enough strips in the box to last a few months, so it's about the tenth of the cost of going to the beauty parlor and getting their 'special' of ten to fifteen dollars per wax
  • It takes only about five minutes to really warm them up and that is one of the features that I like about this product

• by onerios13

If you haven’t guessed it yet, but the words ‘wax’ and ‘hair remover’ are two of the most painful combination you could imagine in the English language. It says something about our very superficial culture when people (ladies) will do such torturous things for the sake of beauty, but there you have it. And when you combine those words and then ’self’ as in ‘do it yourself’, the fun REALLY begins! But I have to tell you, I do buy this product and for the most part, I am very impressive with the results.

And I do it because if I’m going to feel every single hair on the sides of lip being pulled out in a vicious rip, then at least I didn’t pay some stranger fifteen dollars to do it for me. This product, I

roughly paid around six bucks at Wal-Mart and there’s enough strips in the box to last a few months, so it’s about the tenth of the cost of going to the beauty parlor and getting their ’special’ of ten to fifteen dollars per wax.

However again, you must prepare yourself in the knowledge that you are doing this to yourself and there is nothing and no one to blame but yourself.

So, this is how it goes.

The first time I got the box and open it and saw that there were two kinds of strips. Several large ones and a lot of little ones.

All of them are covered in sticky wax and you have to peel the two strips apart. But first, you have to warm them in your hands by placing the strip between your ...

• palms.

It takes only about five minutes to really warm them up and that is one of the features that I like about this product. There is zero chance that you will burn yourself with hot wax in this product.

About the only way you could do this is if you put this stuff in the microwave oven (please for the love of Pete, don’t do that), so it’s very consumer friendly and safe. After you’ve warmed up the strip, then peel it and you’ll have two strips with sticky sides exposed on one side.

Then take the strip and place it where you want the facial hair waxed. Mine is around my mouth, that small female mustache that all women have and spend a lot of money to keep the world from noticing.

I slap the

strip onto the area and then press on the strip to make sure it really adheres to my skin and facial hair. Then, with a sharp intake of breath, I pick up one end of the strip and rip the sucker off! And oh holy nectar, but it hurts like crazy for a split second.

But then, the pain goes away as well as the hair. Repeat on the other side of face.

But I have to say it really does work and I usually do this about one a month. So again, it’s a great money saver, the results are pretty close to what you’d get in a salon, but remember, there is a price and that price is that one second, your fingers are about to rip that strip off your face.

But other than that, it’s a fantastic product!

Sally Hansen Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34809827361230/k2311a098/9.8.09