Purina Frisky’s Select Indoor  » Pets  »
2.5
  • About a month ago, I was at my local grocery store when I found their sale table that was packed with all sorts of merchandise that either had something minor wrong with it, like a crushed package or items that were soon to be past their due date
  • One of the ones that I found that I thought my cats would like where the Purina Frisky's Select Indoor canned cat food
  • I think to date they have nearly a dozen different flavors and my cats seem to love them all
  • So although I know that they long to explore the wild great outdoors, it isn't going to be on my watch and not in this town
  • Cats might like this canned food, but like children, who might like candy for dinner, it's not the best thing for them

• by onerios13

About a month ago, I was at my local grocery store when I found their sale table that was packed with all sorts of merchandise that either had something minor wrong with it, like a crushed package or items that were soon to be past their due date. But at one corner of the table, I spied all sorts of canned cat food, and knowing how much my cats adored wet cat food, I ambled over and started to sift through the cans. One of the ones that I found that I thought my cats would like where the Purina Frisky’s Select Indoor canned cat food.

I have often purchased Frisky’s for my cats because they really seem to like the different flavors I’d get, and I have to admit they do NOT scrimp on flavors! I think to date they have nearly a dozen different flavors and my cats seem to love them all. But what I found appealing about these cans of cat food, aside from their very reasonable prices was the fact that this

canned food was especially made for indoor cats because it had other things beside just the meat like rice or grains or garden greens, things most indoor cats don’t get being indoors all the time.

And really, that described my cats exactly as I would not dare let them loose in my neighborhood which is very close to a busy street in Las Vegas. So although I know that they long to explore the wild great outdoors, it isn’t going to be on my watch and not in this town!

In any case, I piled up a few cans of this new Select Indoor brand and although I got around ten cans, they only had two flavors on hand.

The first one was Saucy Seafood Bake with Rice and Garden Greens and the second one was the Herbed Salmon Entree with Rice and Garden Greens again. I figured that this would be an excellent wet cat food that would contain all the greens that my cats were missing while living indoors all the time.

I brought them home ...

• and then served them up with their normal dry cat food and they just tucked right into them. I was surprised because my female cat, who is very very picky, seemed to really like these canned food whereas if I serve her anything different than from what she normally consumes, she just sticks up her pretty gray nose and walks away from it.

But with this brand, she chowed down and ate every morsel. That again surprised me, but I was glad she liked it as she doesn’t really like rice or greens, but is a pure feline in that she likes only meat.

I didn’t worry too much about my big boy because seriously, he would get Jello if you gave it to him! So of course he enjoyed both kinds of canned food. However, by the time they had eaten the last can of the Select Indoors, I had already read an article that stated that because cat food companies wanted to make more money, they were taking out the meat part of the canned

food as it was the more expensive ingredient and putting in rice and greens as filler and then promoting it as more healthy.

But in truth, cats only need protein. In fact, the reason why cats get sick is because we try to give them food other than meat and that really stresses out their digestive system.

They are the only species that can just live off of meat and SHOULD only live off meat. So I haven’t bought any more of those cans and just stick to the ones that have only protein.

Cats might like this canned food, but like children, who might like candy for dinner, it’s not the best thing for them. So that is why even though I know that they will eat this brand of cat food and that it is even probably yummy for them, I will only get them the cans of cat food that have protein in them so that they can stay as strong and healthy as they can and so I can keep them with me for as long as possible.

Mohammad Azhar Tandih says :

When i fed my cat with Purina Frisky, their poop turned watery and foul. why is it?

Patricia says :

Frisks brand is made so cheap that it can make a lot of cats sick. It is like McDonalds for kitties. The first and last time I bought it was two years ago for my kitten. She threw up all over the place. I though it was just the dry food so I had tried the wet one I bought the same day. That also made her extremely sick. The Purina Brand has better formulas like the Purina Medleys which are made of all real food that we can eat too (not recommended) and my cats ate it all in one sitting without any issues.

You can get Purina free samples here :

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29809827321230/k2311a098/9.8.09